Fishing salmon after it rains?

DuroBoat

We have been having a few rainy evenings lately - I was wondering if a short overnight rainfall has any affect on fishing for salmon? I know the moon and tides can increase / decrease a bite..

High pressure to low pressure changes definitely affects salmon fishing.

Later in the year the smallest bit of rain can effect them in pretty big ways. I've noticed after rain later in the year around august they sometimes disappear and head up river. This time of year I've had days where the rain seems to turn them on.

High pressure to low pressure changes definitely affects salmon fishing.

Did you know that a fish only has to move up and down in the water column about 3-5 feet to equal the amount of press change experienced during a high or low press system change. Fish like Salmon move up and down a water column many many feet some times 30 - 50' even on a single feeding period. These press systems have little effect on feeding, I know we all thought at one time it effected them hugely but the reality is it doesn't. There are other factors out there we are missing and blaming it on the press system, what do we blame it on when there is no press change and they don't bite, we just say they weren't biting but when it's a system change we all jump on the press change band wagon.

Just my experience though.

Back