Fishing on May long weekend ???

MyEscape

Well just booked the May long weekend off and I would like to hear your opinion of where on Vancouver Island would be the best spot for fishing. I live in Courtenay have a 17.5 boat and willing to travel to the best area for that time of the year.

Cheers ME

Happy Hookin!!!

I myself will be heading for Bamfield on the long weekend. I like this time of year there. The crowds haven't hit in force yet, the feeder springs can get up to 25-30, the hali's are still hanging out inshore. And as we all know the weather in the spring is hit and miss wind wise, you can always find some flatter water to fish no matter what. Just my opinion, but I've always had great spring (season that is) fishing in this area.

Edited by - Nick Nameless on 01/21/2005 09:36:38

The springs will be showing in Sooke about that time. Actually, closer to May 1 and as we go through May and June they gradually build. Some very large fish around then, don't be surprised if someone has caught a 50 by the long weekend. You won't see much of any other species of salmon yet though.

Seafood, it eat, then catch more.

Hey Kevin! If you want the best fishing for that time of year either tow to Sooke/Renfrew or head up island to Quatsino Sound and hit Winter Harbor where there is a plethera of all species of salmon and bottom fish! Make sure you have a buddy boat at least thoug!

SW Cowboy!

P.S. I'm finally back in town so let;s hit the water!

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

Back