Fishing buddy in the Thompson valley?

Fish on!

Looking for one or more fishing buddies
I fish the North and south Thompson areas, The caribous and occasionally go down to van for some sturgeon fishing . I only have 6 mts in the area so someone knowledgeable would be great but not a big deal if you arnt. Willing to teach the right type of guy. I have the equipment to fish lakes or rivers, and the boat that will take us anywhere. You will need to be pet friendly, split fuel and be reasonably sober.

Was it the reasonably sober part that scared everyone off??

LOL, sounds good.

Do you ever fish the Gerrard's in kootney lake? I'm planning a trip down there within the next 2 mts.
I hear they like the buck tails trolled on surface with planer boards to give them some action

Not too often. If your going in your own boat, I was told about 50' out on the board and far, far back. I think the actual words were" ridiculously far". Fish there are super boat shy. We tend to fish the big lake above Revelstoke or the Arrow lakes near Nakusp. Pretty good Kokanee fishing in the big lake. Not really huge but lots of them. Some big dollies in there too. No lie, about twenty five years ago my best friends mom caught an eighteen pound rainbow off the bank at the Mica townsite.

Wow that's impressive! We have lots of 5-7 pound rainbow in these parts but nothing that size.

Yes I heard the same, 200 yards back and have an extra 200 yards on the reel for when they run. I got the rods and reels ready and yes I always use my boat.

I have put in a lot of time at Adams, Kamloops and kinbasket lake with mixed success but arrow is on the list for this summer too.

I hear they were doing pretty good over there two weeks ago. My brothers mother in law lives on the lake and says it lower than she's ever seen at this time of year. That was about three weeks ago.

By the big lake do you mean the main area of kinbasket?

I'd like to get into Kokanee , I catch the odd one with wedding bands and other small trout gear but not very many. There pretty elusive to me. I mostly go after rainbow, dolly/Bulls, Lakers and recently sturgeon.

Yes. Kinbasket is the big lake. But we fish Lake Revelstoke more often. I sent you a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, much appreciated !

Some nice photos there! And don't worry I won't be critiquing your photos or fish handling practices as I usually fish till I get 2-3 and go home for supper lol. If it's a fish slaying day I do go barbless and try to be careful but if he's got it through his skull or gills its Into the cooler

Here is a nice laker and burbot

A nice Kamloops rainbow. Big fighters and jumpers for that sized fish.

Yes it is. So I'm told they can go to 12 pounds but I catch a lot more in the 4-5 pound area.

Looking for one or more fishing buddies
I fish the North and south Thompson areas, The caribous and occasionally go down to van for some sturgeon fishing . I only have 6 mts in the area so someone knowledgeable would be great but not a big deal if you arnt. Willing to teach the right type of guy. I have the equipment to fish lakes or rivers, and the boat that will take us anywhere. You will need to be pet friendly, split fuel and be reasonably sober.
Im in Kamloops BC looking for a like minded fisher who is not afraid of braving the cold to enjoy ice fishing.

Back