Fisherman's Wharf boat launch in Port Hardy?

Geno

Hi just looking for some information about the boat launch. Is it an all tide ramp? if not how much water would I you need to launch/retrieve a 25 foot boat on a bunk trailer? Thanks for the help.

Geno,

There are two launches in Hardy, one is at the marina in town. It is tough on a low, low tide. If you are anywhere in the middle you are good to go. There is a fee to launch and park at that one, crappy cleaning table, have to pack your fish to it.

Your other option is the new launch and day use marina on the East side of the bay, our where I am. Much better ramp, can be a bit of a ***** on a big low tide, but I launch my 25 and 27 Grady's there all the time. They have brand new cleaning tables, park your boat right beside them, water to wash down and the best part is it is all FREE!

If you need any more info drop me a line or email at the links below.

Cheers,

There is no long term parking at the launch but my father just down the road(1km) has daily, weekly or monthly. He is up above my resort, 4 acres of land that he uses to store boats, RV's, whatever.

PM me if you would like his contacts.

Cheers,

Has the concrete been grooved to prevent any more vehicles sliding down the slimy ramp and ending up underwater??? Saw that happen twice in past years...

CL,

The whole ramp has been changed. They raised it and put grooves in it, no where near as steep as it used to be. The only issue with them raising it is when it is a really low tide there is quite the drop off the end of it.

Far, far better of a launch then the one in town, get finger to tie off to when launching and it's FREE. What do you get for free now days?

BC

Yeah the Bear Cove ramp is the way to go. Better launch, free, boat up cleaning tables, and Jim's new bait shack right at the dock if you forgot to grab chovys the day before. I don't know why I would ever spend $ to launch my boat at the Quarterdeck's ****** ramp, unless I wanted moorage. Not to mention Bear cove is 2 miles closer to wherever you want to go.

Ok -so throw an old dog a bone-I usually go to Winter harbour and I am vaguely familiar with where the Quarter deck is-where is this ramp in relation to say the ferry road or to the turn off to Winter Harbour? I never fish PH because I usually go out for 3 days and I never found a place my truck and trailer looked safe. Don't mind paying for parking-this is sounding interesting~

It's on the ferry road just before the terminal. Parking is free and Jim and Nitta have there trailer parked in the lot so I wouldn't be to worried about any shinanigans.

Jin and Nitta are there as caretakers but there is no long term or overnight parking at the lot. If you are looking to be gone for a few days my father has a parking lot in his back yard, two acres, tons of room, big dog. It is a quick 1km back to the launch or if he is around he will generally give you a lift back.

Cheers,

Not to side track, but this is a fishing forum. The fishing is definitely picking up. Went 2 for 3 inside the bay in about 4hrs fishing today.image.jpg

Back