"Fish In Peace Dan"

eaglemaniac

Lampron, Daniel Joseph Paul Saturday, 05 Sep 2015
Comox Valley Record Courtenay

LAMPRON_Paul_WEB_091015.jpg

March 26th 1961- September 5th 2015
It is our great shock and sadness to announce the passing of a beloved Husband, Father, Grandfather, Son and Brother
Daniel Passed away in his sleep, on his boat, moored in Bamfield, BC on September 5th 2015. He was visiting Bamfield with the intention to fish in the Port Alberni fishing derby, as was his annual tradition.
A well known and loved community member of Bamfield, Uclulet and the Comox Valley, Dan brought laughter and joy to the lives of all those he encountered. He worked hard as a charter fisherman to support his family over the past 20 years, and In his spare time he enjoyed quality time on the ocean, in nature, and at home with his family, friends and pets.
He is survived by his wife Nicki and four children, David, Michelle, Erika, and Dannica, his granddaughter Annelyse, his parents, Raymond and Pierette, of Pierrefonds QC, and his brother Mark (Heidi) and sister Louise (Martin), as well as his pets, Farley aka Bignose, and Tolouse, his “little special guy”
A mass of christian burial will be held at Christ the King church, 1599 Tunner Dr, Courtenay, BC at 11:00 am on Friday September the 11th, with a reception to follow at the same location. All are welcome.
“Its all good baby!”
I remember well Dan's ocean adventures when he first started his fishing obsession. I was quite happy to assist him and proud to watch his persistant advancements, to the point were he became a prolific West Coast Fishing guide. My heart goes out to Nicky and the kids and i'll think about you Dan when I'm on the water. Edward (eaglemaniac):(

Thank you for posting this. I was going to do the same thing this evening.

He was a long time friend and ally of mine out on the Big Salt.

Hope you're slaying the Tyees up there, Fatsauce.

Yes, thanks for posting. Will miss his positive outlook on the water...and of course his usual reply when asked how fishing was going...usually something like "groovy baby."

Somehow one of my fishing partners, who got to know Dan by keeping his boat at the Ukee dock every summer, was under the impression that Dan had passed away some months ago. When we got together to fish in August, I told him that Moonsnail Dan, as we called him, was alive and well and standing on the dock. Of course my buddy went right over to say hello and they shared a big bear hug. He put us on the fish the next day and many other days other years. So sorry to learn this news. RIP.

There was a damn fine turn-out for his send off yesterday.
No Surprise, he was a Great Fellow!
One who I was proud & happy to call "Friend" in every sense of the word!
Tossed a few rums in his honor last night.
Headed offshore again tomorrow, and will of course be thinking of him then...

RIP Ol' Buddy! Hope the Slabs are "Fat" where you're fishing now.

Chew!
Nog

Sincere condolences to you who knew him and his family too.

I didn't know him but he was obviously a quality guy and passed way too soon it would seem.

R.I.P. Dan.

Take care.

Back