fish finder question

drac

Hi folks- am new to this forum. I am not a fishing guy but have come to this forum hoping to get some info from the people that know. I am researching and intend to look for a a sunken aircraft in a freshwater lake at about 100 ft depth in 60 square kilometer lake. It is an all metal plane. Still doing the library research but am wondering if I could get some comments on using a fish finder to locate this machine. What finder is best buy for this purpose. What features would you recommend? Any comments and suggestions appreciated. Thanks to all

Depends on budget. From what I have seen from Raymarine, they are pretty clear with regards to their down imaging function. Even for $300 4" Dragonfly you can get the unit and tether it to an ipad or similar and have a nice big screen. The images are amazing at this price point.

Garmin Panoptix is a game changer, but that is more complex to mount and over $1000.

want a contrary opinon...I have Structure Scan and find it a compete waste of time and money...never use it..however I almost always fish in more then 100' of salt water.

want a contrary opinon...I have Structure Scan and find it a compete waste of time and money...never use it..however I almost always fish in more then 100' of salt water.

I use it to scan the bottom of the Fraser before dropping anchor while Sturgeon fishing. shows logs and debris with amazing detail, I can also see the Sturgeon.

Yes waste of time in the salt, I've never used it while salmon fishing.

I have a lowrance with down scan and it shows great detail down to 200+ feet. Recently found a sunken boat in 65' and it showed up clear as day in salt water. Simrad makes nice units as well.

Back