Fish Farm Diesel Spill

No excuses. I installed one of these and have spilt almost no fuel since. I would say that over the years it has paid for itself in fuel saved.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/ocean-accessories--fuel-fill-warning-whistle--9396706View attachment 31859

"have spilt ALMOST no fuel since"
What would your excuse be now?

a great step in the rite direction though in dealing with that issue.. sounds like it didnt completely solve the problem but did cut down on amount spilt into waterways..might look into this myself..gotta start somewhere..every little bit helps

bothers me with some of the extreme knee jerk reactions some people think/would like to do over a relatively small amount of fuel being spilled..
yes i agree that any spill no matter the quantity is unfortunate but we need to put this into perspective and look for ways to prevent it from happening again.

we are talking of spills directly into the ocean but think of the runoff of oil/gas/antifreeze from our vehicles on the roads that wash into the storm drains then ocean environment each and everyday

"have spilt ALMOST no fuel since"
What would your excuse be now?

a great step in the rite direction though in dealing with that issue.. sounds like it didnt completely solve the problem but did cut down on amount spilt into waterways..might look into this myself..gotta start somewhere..every little bit helps

bothers me with some of the extreme knee jerk reactions some people think/would like to do over a relatively small amount of fuel being spilled..
yes i agree that any spill no matter the quantity is unfortunate but we need to put this into perspective and look for ways to prevent it from happening again.

we are talking of spills directly into the ocean but think of the runoff of oil/gas/antifreeze from our vehicles on the roads that wash into the storm drains then ocean environment each and everyday

my excuse: one of the two fuel vents became blocked and allowed pressure build up in the tank thus the gurgle up spill for a few fills. Once the vent was replaced I wen t back to no spilage. It took me a few fills to figure it out. I'm a bad guy I know...I'm trying.

maybe not a "disaster" triplenickle but pretty sure even a small spill in a body of water like a lake is pretty significant.

Are you serious? Ferries on interior lakes should be attacked and shut down? Jeez, pretty obvious you are not one that relies on these vital ferry links to jobs, shopping, hospitals and health care; give your head a shake.

Im pretty sure he's being sarcastic Dave.

index.php

Uum... yummy. Ready for market. Wonder who gets to eat them? Cermaq say's there safe to eat.

24172761_10155277680732123_659213876115647172_o.jpg

yeah, just a small spill. Nothing to see here...

Last edited:

That is such a sad accident!!! Where is the environmental response vessels?? Not a lot clean up crew in the video.

Must say. If those were my favorite clam beaches I would have put down my Old Dutch chips, roll up my sleeves, when to the farm and asked for some of the absorbent material to lay on the beaches. One person could do the documentation and the rest could help in minimalizing the damage unfortunate accident! Compensation discussion would be after the situation was stabilized.

What a mess though!

Back