Fish Descender

Been using a 24oz jighead w/ the point cut off, 80lb Leader epoxied to the bend (so it won’t slip off). Push through the thin skin around the lip and down to the bottom. Reel up, a couple pulls to make sure it’s free and reel back up. Works fine last few years but I love Fishmysters solution as you put it down and keep fishing rather than my rig that I have to reel back up each time. Thanks for sharing that! (You should market them, lol)

Cheers!

Ukee

This was my cheap solution to a descending device. I fastened an extra piece of wire to my spreader bar weight. Any rockfish needing a ride back to the depths can catch a ride on the next time the gear goes down. The wire is poked thru the lip and down they go. Once at the bottom again I just real up a few feet so the wire pulls out and they are free to go. There is also no limitation on depth to be released with this method so if the came from 250ft that is where I put them back too. Very inexpensive!View attachment 44791

That's the best I've seen yet Ken. I was boarded by DFO a few days ago and they measured my Lingcod and checked my Rockfish and were more concerned about my descending device which was rigged up on an extra rod. Simple to just have it on every rod!

Back