First Time Visit to BC - Access to Shore fishing without a car

KislaBlue

Hello Fishers,

My wife and I are visiting BC for the first time at the end of next month , visiting downtown Vancouver for a week from 24th June , Ucluelet for a week from 1st July and Whistler for a week from 8th July.

I am approaching 65 , reasonably mobile on foot but I will not have a hire car during this visit. Furthermore , budget doesn't permit the use of a private guide which look (for me) eye-wateringly expensive ,seemingly running to hundreds of dollars for few hours. It doesn't help that I will be alone , a solo fisher , and so don't have anyone to share the cost of guiding.

I have fished a fair amount in the past but not for a few years and so I guess Im fairly rusty. Also most of my fishing over the years has been fresh water fishing .My salt water fishing has been limited to some bait fishing from boats and salt water beach fly fishing in Scotland and Ireland. Fly fishing would be my preference but I will also have a go at spinning from the beach .I would happily try some inshore fishing from a boat (cost permitting) although trolling from a boat is not really my scene. I am fishing in the hope of catching a fish but don't need to take any fish for the freezer.

Can anyone advise me on beach fishing spots which are easily accessible from the above 3 locations.Im hoping to find some fishing for which I will not need waders and which I can reach on foot or by bus. My preference is fly fishing but I will also bring a spinning rod.

This is by no means a fishing holiday but my wife and I walk a fair amount and I will pack a travel rod into my ruck-sack in the hope of being able to wet a line for an hour or so when the opportunity arises.

Many thanks in anticipation of any pointers you can give me, I've posted a similar enquiry on the freshwater from.

Tight lines,

Peter

Back