Finally! Shes Wet.

nedarb2

Well the tides didnt work for an ocean run, so we headed up to the lake for the first sea trial.

Thankfully, everything worked as expected. The motors start up instantly and are super quiet (coming from old 2 strokes). Everything on the boat was perfect, and the first launch with our truck and new trailer was perfect.

Were cruising 3knts faster at the same rpm as the previous motors, 30.5knts, burning 40% of the fuel at 16g/hour, and thats with aluminum props. Topped out with full fuel tanks and 3 adults 45knts with out playing with boat or motor trim.

Overall, very happy, and am glad no problems arose on the big day.

Now once the summer paycheckes start coming in, ill have some extra money to playwith.. thinking a speaker system, and will eventully like electric downriggers again, and maybe a color depthsounder.

img3950fw.jpg

img3939t.jpg

img3938d.jpg

img3936w.jpg

img3928x.jpg

Sweet setup Nedbarb, looks better than pro! Now to enjoy many good fishing trips.[8D][8D][:p]

IMG_1445.jpg

Is the same boat which is currently listed for sale Nedarb?

Thanks for the comments,
the fighting chair is for those big springs and halis haha.

Yes the boat is up for sale, we would like to eventually downsize, but were not going to push hard to get her sold. Now that weve finally done all this work and got out on the water, were very happy with what we have.

The next bridge to cross is getting the parents to let me have it in renfrew for august for my yearly fishing trip :p

quote:Originally posted by Saxe Point

What kind of flooring is that? I am looking for something like that.

its plastic squares that snap together in 1 sq. ft tiles.. got it from janitors warehouse in duncan. They referred to it as shower flooring. Looks good so far, but walking around seems to cause it to buckle up in places, not badly/overly noticeable though.

Im planning on just taking it out every now and then and giving the deck beneath a good scrub.

Those fuel burn numbers are almost exactly the same as my twin 4 strokes
How much is the oil your burning per gallon?
My top end if pinned is around 51knt which I did once when I ran the boat in Texas and I'm sure you would reach that if you played a little.
I figure the 4 strokes I have burn 50% less fuel than old 2 strokes that were on it before.
That adds up if you run them as much as I do in a season.

www.coastwidesportsfishing.com

http://ca.video.yahoo.com/watch/4726988?fr=yvmtf

Im burning 1 gallon of oil per 100 gallons of fuel (100:1 ratio) and the oil is 45$ a gallon.
51knts?! wow thats good, im sure if we played with the props and tilt and trim we might be able to get closer to that.. we were trimmed nose down as far as we could when we hit 45.. ill give it a try next time were out without the trim tabs.
The floor is not attached, we couldnt think of a way to attach it. Thanks for that tip holmes, ill be sure to watch out for slipping. next time im out ill see how slippery it is doing that.

img3937n.jpg

For sticking the floor down -- go get yourself some short lengths of the 3M marine velcro stuff -- it's not the hairy velcro -- more like plastic nubs on both sides. Use some 5200 (permanent marine adhesive) or semi-permanent caulk and adhere the velcro to the boat floor and the flooring material. That way, you can stick the flooring to your boat (won't slip) but still pull it up to clean.

TenMile
<'((((><

Back