Finally allowed back out fishing after lockdown!

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by GCjetski, May 20, 2020.

1. GCjetski

GCjetski Member

How good is it to finally be allowed back out to go fishing, you don't know how much you miss something until you can't have it! Trevally on jigs in the shallows was the call of the day

2. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

3. Whitebuck

Whitebuck Well-Known Member

Spam

How many fishing websites do you spam for likes?

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    Old Blue, nicnat, Zuktaylor and 6 others like this.
  4. Admin

Admin Admin Staff Member

With everything going on in the world with Covid and fisheries challenges, this is what we are going to get our knickers in a knot about? A guy enjoying fishing? I don't see him pushing a particular product, his videos are not a non stop commercial for anything, so I am not sure why this is such a big deal. People post Fishing with Rod videos on here or the FishDoc posts and nobody complains. Is it because they are local and this guy is from New Zealand? This does not fit the definition of SPAM either, which we get plenty of, that is blocked and removed before you even see it.

Here is the great thing about the forum tools...you can use the ignore function and then this won't ever bother you again. Judging by how many of our members view his videos, there is no reason to delete them as people seem to like the break from reality by watching someone enjoy the simple pleasure of fishing, even if it is in a different part of the world.

5. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

But Daaaaaaaaad!

6. Pineapple Express

Pineapple Express Well-Known Member

Where did @GCjetski written reply go? That was the first time I've ever seen him write anything. I think what seems odd to me is the videos are posted but there's no engagement with our SFBC community on the forum.

Rain City and Whitebuck like this.
  7. Admin

Admin Admin Staff Member

Maybe ask him a question about his fishery. The only responses he has had have been accusing him of being a spammer, which he would have to defend himself against. Let's show him some good old fashioned Canadian hospitality.

8. browningmirage

browningmirage Active Member

What equipment do you set your ski up with?

9. GCjetski

GCjetski Member

Aside from a cooler and rod holders, its fairly well setup (for a jetski atleast!) with a good sized sounder, fixed VHF radio and nav lights. I also carry a handheld vhf and personal locator beacon on my vest incase I was to get seperated from the ski for whatever reason

10. Gear'n'beer!

Gear'n'beer! Well-Known Member

Spam! Just kidding......sort of. Lots of guys post a lot.

11. browningmirage

browningmirage Active Member

Awesome thanks!

Anybody know of a similar fishery in BC? Seems like a good way to quickly jump from site to site...?

12. Old Blue

Old Blue Active Member

Is this a BC Fishing Reports forum or not? Rodneys and the annoying guy post BC reports....sometimes Fishing Doc has Alberta stuff

This guy Spams other sites just looking for clicks to make $....yes this is Spam.

fogged in, Zuktaylor and Whitebuck like this.
  13. Old Blue

Old Blue Active Member

fogged in and Whitebuck like this.
  14. Cuba Libre

Cuba Libre Well-Known Member

Looks like a duck--- walks like a duck.........Guess what ? :rolleyes:

fogged in and Whitebuck like this.
  15. fogged in

fogged in Well-Known Member

Can't understand why Admin has not acted on this.
    Admin says
    "Let's show him some good old fashioned Canadian hospitality."
    Lets show him some good old fashion Canadian common sense and dump this link

Whitebuck likes this.
  16. Gear'n'beer!

There is a member here who blatantly advertises Hali trips and butchering for years and no one says anything......what's the difference?

17. fogged in

I do believe I know the member you speak of.
    This member is a VERY long time member who has contributed in MANY ways to this forum.
    Once a year he offers a popular opportunity to members.
    Your post will not doubt spur the end to this thread.
    Good work!

18. Gear'n'beer!

Hey man. I do a lot of work for local fish. If you would like to speak on a personal level please pm me.

Darin

19. fogged in

pm sent...nothing personal!

20. Trophy21

Trophy21 Crew Member

Wow get a life guys. If you don’t want to watch his videos don’t. Hey...how about you go fishing. He’s replied To questions, it’s not evil to have a business as far as I know.

Pineapple Express likes this.