Feedback Pls - 2009 Mercury Verado

EZZ70

Any thoughts? good price or not so much... Anyone know this guy?

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 5.32.41 PM.png https://victoria.craigslist.org/bpo/d/sooke-300-hp-mercury-verado/7162936449.html

00m0m_ijRuueKPyI9_0ak07K_600x450.jpg

1800 hrs is that 50 or 75 percent worn out? Even though he says mostly trolling hrs. That can be a bad thing too. Example being. When an engine is idleing, the oil pressure is at its lowest. The top end of the engine wouldn't get alot of oil up there compared to higher rpms. At my work we do alot of camshafts from pickups idling all day. ram 3.6 is really bad for it. Something to think about. How much to rebuild it? Even though the compression numbers are good, keep in mind there s alot of bearings that could be worn out too. Cam cam bearings crank brgs rods.... just food for thought.
If it was me I would pass.

1800 hrs is that 50 or 75 percent worn out? Even though he says mostly trolling hrs. That can be a bad thing too. Example being. When an engine is idleing, the oil pressure is at its lowest. The top end of the engine wouldn't get alot of oil up there compared to higher rpms. At my work we do alot of camshafts from pickups idling all day. ram 3.6 is really bad for it. Something to think about. How much to rebuild it? Even though the compression numbers are good, keep in mind there s alot of bearings that could be worn out too. Cam cam bearings crank brgs rods.... just food for thought.
If it was me I would pass.

Thank you so much, great feedback! :)

That’s not that bad for hrs imo. We got a similar vintage 350 verado on our 25.5 northwest welded crew boat, over 1500hrs and I would trust that motor for tuna fishing still. It will use some oil of the operator is running er hard but the thing never misses a beat. I think the asking price is in the ballpark...

Price is good, would push your boat easily. I am always hesitant to buy used not off a dealer. If I knew the owner maybe. I would pay more to buy off rpm in port or another dealer A dealer will not sell a headache usually. In my opinion it is a 5k motor as you can not set it run. Controls will be 1500 plus and until you rig it it is a mystery on condition

Price is good, would push your boat easily. I am always hesitant to buy used not off a dealer. If I knew the owner maybe. I would pay more to buy off rpm in port or another dealer A dealer will not sell a headache usually. In my opinion it is a 5k motor as you can not set it run. Controls will be 1500 plus and until you rig it it is a mystery on condition

same same, I am very hesitant... nope I did not buy

Back