Federal government petition to end salmon farming in Canadian waters

Thought he laid it out fairly well.

what a pathetic response from DFO. would expect this from the conservatives but the liberals have proven themselves to be no better. say goodby to our wild pacific salmon fisheries. better enjoy what's left of them. Our children probably won't be able to. but at least we'll have lots of atlantic salmon to eat...(actually I wouldn't feed that open net pen atlantic crap to my dogs...) guess we didn't learn anything about the collapse of the cod fisheries back east. corporate greed rules the day once again.

what a pathetic response from DFO. would expect this from the conservatives but the liberals have proven themselves to be no better. say goodby to our wild pacific salmon fisheries. better enjoy what's left of them. Our children probably won't be able to. but at least we'll have lots of atlantic salmon to eat...(actually I wouldn't feed that open net pen atlantic crap to my dogs...) guess we didn't learn anything about the collapse of the cod fisheries back east. corporate greed rules the day once again.
Just remember who not to vote for its the only thing they care about.

Just remember who not to vote for its the only thing they care about.

I didn't vote for the liberals last election but at first was happy they got in over the conservatives. now, not so much. no different than the conservatives. maybe worse. letting big business pull the puppet strings. thought they might be different but obviously not.

I didn't vote for the liberals last election but at first was happy they got in over the conservatives. now, not so much. no different than the conservatives. maybe worse. letting big business pull the puppet strings. thought they might be different but obviously not.
Well at least pot will be legal

Ya know, I don't have any problem with salmon farms, as long as they don't do their farming on are tidal waters, it should and can be done on land and their effluent could be taken care of on land! On the Sunshine Coast there's a Sturgeon farm on "DRY LAND", they collect roe and sturgeon meat on the farm and "MAKE MONEY". You can't tell me that the salmon farmers couldn't make money on dry land, just not as much money as the make on tidal water! It's time we take are tidal waters back! Ya know with 1-2% of wild recruitment with wild salmon as spawners it's not right that now they have to try to get past fish farms as smolts and as feeders with all the crap and sea lice below these fish farms pens. ATLANTIC SALMON belong in the ATLANTIC OCEAN! NOT HERE! I can hear it now, all those jobs leaving B.C., Oh ya how about all those commercial fishing jobs that aren't here anymore, and if this keeps up they'll never be back! It's time to tell these guy's that their permits are null and void and to go back to Norway and do their farming there or on DRY LAND! God knows theres lots of logging dry land sorts that aren't being used anymore. And it's time that we put money back into spawning habitat for the the few fish that we have left!

Back