Favourite Fishing Accommodations for WCVI?

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by SaltyAlice, Dec 31, 2019.

1. SaltyAlice

SaltyAlice Well-Known Member

My New Years resolution, as I suspect may be many others, is to get some solid fishing in for 2020.

I am keen to try new places over the summer so wanted to know what everyone's favourite fishing accommodations are on the west coast of Vancouver Island. My preference is usually to find somewhere set up for fishing, with a dock I can tie up at and a cleaning station/freezer set up.

From Port Renfrew to Cape Scott, where are your favourite spots to stay and fish during the summer?

2. Thunder21

Thunder21 Well-Known Member

I personally like Bamfield but I live in Alberni so I’m biased. Lots of good spots inside and offshore if the weather is good. If I wasn’t from the area I’d rent a house in west bamfield with a dock for a week or two every summer. There is a restaurant in bamfield, fuel, a mechanic , a store etc.

Corey_lax likes this.
  3. trophywife

trophywife Crew Member

bamfield or Barkley sound lodge

Derby likes this.
  4. fishin solo

fishin solo Well-Known Member

Poetts Nook/Bamfield..... best place on earth!!

John s and trophywife like this.
  5. Skins88

Skins88 Member

Mills Landing in Bamfield

trophywife likes this.
  6. Seaspanker

Seaspanker Member

Fishing accommodations , My Camper , Bamfield

7. John s

John s Crew Member

I agree with fishin solo, happy New Years

8. daddystoy

daddystoy Well-Known Member

Seabeam for Bamfield area.
    Critter Cove for Nootka Sound.

9. walleyes

walleyes Crew Member

Certainly not arguing any of the Bamfield locations but really if you want to fish Bamfield why not just stay in Ucluelet and fish Bamfield if you want it’s only a 30 min run over really, less to some of the same fishing spots. The road into Ukee is far better and the town has a whole heck of a lot more to offer. Just my thoughts.

10. Fishtank

Fishtank Well-Known Member

Sometimes less is more!

morganic, John s and trophywife like this.
  11. pennel

pennel Member

Where’s the restaurant in Bamfield?
    Only place I came across was what was known as the bistro but that closed.

12. trophywife

trophywife Crew Member

east side has the motel/pub and a rstaurant beside the store. , west side will soon have the bamfield inn up and running. bamfield mercantile does all kinds of food for a general store. (Chinese, pizza, wraps, salads etc)

Derby likes this.
  13. ChinookExerciser

ChinookExerciser Active Member

What are going to be the restrictions for the WCVI this year? IS all of july going to be open? when should i book for some big bank fishing?

14. pescador

pescador Well-Known Member

Doubt anyway can answer this question. With all the doom and gloom reported by the CBC this week I’m guessing last years regs at best. Probably worse.

15. Dogbreath

Dogbreath Well-Known Member

Much needed good news.

pennel likes this.
  16. Sir Reel

Sir Reel Well-Known Member

17. scott craven

scott craven Well-Known Member

Not so nice anymore .....

:(

18. Sir Reel

Sir Reel Well-Known Member

Ya it is really too bad.. We had about 15 years of trips there. Each year it got worse

19. Fish Camp

Fish Camp Well-Known Member

I am a lite sleeper ,so anywhere my fishing parters is not snorring ,farting ,getting up for a pee. Seat of the truck ,tent away from others,or just say up all night.Its my problem not theres to solve.If in a situation I can't sleep because of the disturbance of my fishing partners ,usually take there stinky socks from there boots and throw them towards there head and leave.

20. Kildonan

Kildonan Well-Known Member

Really? That sounds interesting. Who's going to fix it and open it?