Fathers Day Plans?

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by Prairie Locked, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Prairie Locked

Prairie Locked Well-Known Member

Anyone have plans for fathers day? Getting out on the water to spend some quality time with your father or maybe your son or daughter?

With all of the frustration around the feds and DFO and their decisions it seems like everyone is tired, had enough and we're starting to see significant trickle effects in the economy.

I saw this posted on FB today, advertising a Fathers Day sale all weekend at the Tackle Shack. I asked Curtis about business and he said they have been having a very tough season like many others are. I know everyone has their go to spots but if you have some time and are in the area, maybe consider swinging by to help sustain a local business? I heard a rumor that Water Wolf may be manning the till this weekend!

upload_2019-6-13_20-24-7.png

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    RODNREEL, BCRingo, ILHG and 1 other person like this.
  2. BCRingo

BCRingo Well-Known Member

Good for you, man. This goes a long way.

Waterwolf2230 likes this.
  3. RiverBoy

RiverBoy Well-Known Member

This is a cool little store. kinda out of the way, but they have all the good stuff.

4. Waterwolf2230

Waterwolf2230 Well-Known Member

I will be around, can't wait to get out there. If anyone is around the area, PM me and come for a visit. I'm going to be checking on my boat build and spending time with the family. Should be a great weekend! I know on Sunday there is an excellent local band playing outside the Tackle Shack. Apparently the best fiddler on the island will be a part of the festivities. Should be pretty cool...

WW

5. Gear'n'beer!

Gear'n'beer! Well-Known Member

I'm going camping with my son and daughter.......

6. casper5280

casper5280 Well-Known Member

Taking my old man to the Qualicum car show Sunday and Daughter is taking me for supper at my favorite restaurant.

7. Cuba Libre

Cuba Libre Well-Known Member

At Family Fishing at the Courtenay Fish and Game club

BCRingo likes this.
  8. tubber

tubber Well-Known Member

Every year I try for the trifecta. Fishing, golf, sex. Some years I get two out of three. Kokanee fishing and golf are booked. The damn sex horse has come up lame all 29 years of fatherhood, but I remain ever hopeful.

N2013, Dorman Point, Original and 8 others like this.
  9. Dorman Point

Dorman Point Active Member

Without hope, we have nothing.

habberdasher likes this.
  10. markfarley

markfarley Crew Member

Fathers day = Hawkins and beer!

11. SpringVelocity

SpringVelocity Well-Known Member

12. tinboatrobb

tinboatrobb Well-Known Member

My son works father's day so he had invited me for s few trips on the pilot boat out of Ogden point. After that lunch with my daughter.

13. walleyes

walleyes Crew Member

Couple nice gifts from momma.

Attached Files:

ILHG likes this.
  14. habberdasher

habberdasher Active Member

Thanks to DFO and old age just golf for me

15. tinboatrobb

tinboatrobb Well-Known Member

My daughter got me a Seaquilizer for Father's Day and out for lunch.

16. fogged in

fogged in Well-Known Member

Great post...needs to be put on the joke thread as well...
    Are you the horse or the rider?

Rain City likes this.
  17. wildmanyeah

wildmanyeah Crew Member

18. Rain City

Rain City Crew Member

My wife bought me this for fathers day. Love them both. Resized_IMG-20190616-WA0002_11320851230262.jpeg

19. bigdogg1

bigdogg1 Active Member

Played 18 at Fairwinds with both boys and my wife. Fantastic afternoon and now sipping on a great IPA from White Sails while burning some great looking steak on the bbq!

SerengetiGuide and Rain City like this.
  20. SerengetiGuide

SerengetiGuide Well-Known Member

My kind of Father’s Day right there! Bet fairwinds is playing real nice with this dry weather