Fairy lake

gillreaper

How is the lake right now and what are some good flys to use, and where abouts is the best spot on the lake??? Thanks any info helps.

Hi gillripper......It has been a few years since I was out at Fairy lake but when I last fished the lake we were able to get some nice cutties from there. When standing on the beach looking at the lake try fishing(worm and gang troll) the right hand side(there use to be a wharf there, I don't know if it is still there.) troll around the wharf and stay on the right side of the lake as the rest of the lake is very shallow. One of my favorite places is on the far side of the lake. There is a little channel that you can take a boat through to Jordan river but remember you will be in the river and there is no bait fishing allowed. A very pretty spot..... wish I could go back there soon...... hope this helps..... Steve.

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!

Gillreaper..... I thought I read gillripper..... sorry I got your name wrong.

"There is a little channel that you can take a boat through to Jordan river......"

Actually that would be the San Juan River.
Jordan River is about 26 miles east of the San Juan.

Good luck.

Take care.

Your right.... Dave. Thats how long its been since I was last up there. I should have my coffee in the morning to wake up before trying to post....lol. Thanks for the correction. Steve.

Back