Fair harbour to Kyuquot

Matsutake

anyone have an idea on how long a run it is from Fair harbour to Kyuquot/Walters isl? Boat hits around 25 kts.
Thanks a ton!

Depends how much gas, ice, food and people are making the trip. And the weather plays a factor as it can blow straight down the channel so you could be fighting weather the whole way.

At 17ish knots it would be just around an hr,

Was thinking maybe stay in FH and bomb out in the am, fishy fishy fishy, then head on back. Thoughts? Obviously all pending weather....if it kicks up then head back early.
Or...better to find a camp spot or room closer to Kyuquot/Walters?

If you could stay in walters cove that I think would be ideal or if you can sleep on your boat theirs a few spots you could anchor and stay over night on the boat. also you could set up a tent on the islands around there.

I do a lot of camping and that would be my first choice. I have no idea which/where the good locations are though.

Bit of a run doing Fair Harbor to the fishing grounds each day....I'd find something in Walter's.

Walter's Cove Resort I think is the name of the place which is more of a hotel as opposed to guiding operation.

I would suggest Aktis island would be your best bet you camp on. Or in Mackay cove, I think it was sandy/gravel at the very end by the rivers. Only problem is navigating in and out of there it is abit shallow and you have to know the bottom pretty well on low tides.

If you want any more info feel free to pm me. Or post in here, I don't call my self an expert of the area by any means but I spent 3 months straight there 3 summers ago so it is still all fairly fresh in my brain, and I know a few people who live there that I could message to see if they had any better places to suggest camping at.

Back