Eyebrow? Hard top extension?

ExFlyGuy

I want to have one of these installed. My thought was to have it fold down to access rod holders. But it looks like most are permanent and the rod holders are behind them. Does anyone have this and how big of a pain in the butt is it to access rods?

Wish I would have thought of this when I had the rod rack installed.

Attachments

• 59ECD22A-3A3E-4374-A45D-54FA162B6263.png
    59ECD22A-3A3E-4374-A45D-54FA162B6263.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 70
  • 1DE7ACA8-CFE7-48A5-803E-B7BAC97342D0.png
    1DE7ACA8-CFE7-48A5-803E-B7BAC97342D0.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
A buddy has a canvas bimini where the front panel is clear and zips open. That would allow you to access roof mounted rodholders.

The boat next to mine is a BW 315 conquest and his extension is mechanically retractable. Its pretty sweet and rolls out like an awning. I can take a few pics if you'd like next time I'm down at the shed.

The boat next to mine is a BW 315 conquest and his extension is mechanically retractable. Its pretty sweet and rolls out like an awning. I can take a few pics if you'd like next time I'm down at the shed.

That might be an idea! I would like to see some photos.

it’s a pain. neighbors kingfisher has this. we get up in the gunnel to grab rods etc.

That’s what I was thinking I would have to do. I am leaning towards this style as I think it will look the cleanest and match the stainless that’s already there.

I think it’s called a sun shade.
Member @Journi has one on his Trophy boat.

Attachments

• 77E61329-7C94-422E-BE1F-0A356ADE8136.jpeg
    77E61329-7C94-422E-BE1F-0A356ADE8136.jpeg
    232 KB · Views: 24
If it’s low-profile and not mounted too high, rod holders are easy to access. I’d prefer a little more real estate in mine, however. IF you want to stay out of the rain you’re pretty much stuck in a small space—-not much roof coverage.

Attachments

• E94B8241-0EE0-4E3C-ABDE-A9ACB2905E6D.jpeg
    E94B8241-0EE0-4E3C-ABDE-A9ACB2905E6D.jpeg
    371.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 49D33D5B-B717-470D-B8DD-E6C12EC56F68.jpeg
    49D33D5B-B717-470D-B8DD-E6C12EC56F68.jpeg
    336.1 KB · Views: 52
SureShade and BocaShade are two makers of retractable sunshades. Not sure how effective they'd be in the rain as there isn't much shape to allow the water to roll off the sides. But if its raining that hard you'll probably want to be in the cabin. You can get them in both manual and power retractable versions.

SureShade and BocaShade are two makers of retractable sunshades. Not sure how effective they'd be in the rain as there isn't much shape to allow the water to roll off the sides. But if its raining that hard you'll probably want to be in the cabin. You can get them in both manual and power retractable versions.

Thanks. Doesn't look like these will work for me as I will have to raise mine up like the one posted above in order to stand on the back deck.

i have top mount so they are in front of the shade, yes i have to stand on the gunnel to reach them, i also mounted rod holders starboard and port sides just in front of the rear cabin, super easy to access and out of the way. before leaving the dock i put the days arsenal on the side mounts and up top is reserved for back ups. i will try and load a pic. also mounted holders of the back of the transom, and inside, these i use while moving locations or just pop them in the gunnel mounts. never have too many and a sun/rain shade is a must. it does decrease the amount of tip up and stepping back room though.

Mine was designed by me, but when I went to Port Alberni to get it built, Glenn Wynans had some really good ideas for modifying my original plan. It is now actually wider than the boat - this is critical because the sun and rain DO NOT ALWAYS hit you vertically!
Chris on Code Red actually has had the same idea as mine - look it up.
Mine also removes in seconds for transport.
I will admit that access to the rocket launchers up top is more painful, but it is a good tradeoff for protection of the body from sun and rain.

Back