etech or four stroke 225

hi screaminreels
I run a 300 e-tec on a 26 feet commander love it. no required service for 300 hours. but checkout the new e-tec g-2 motors. no break in and no required service for 500 hours.
tony

I also run a 300hp etec on a 23' and wouldn't ever go 4stroke. Etec is a pretty sweet motor, imo. 300 hrs first service, one button wintering mode, clean California state approved. Quite, can talk to everyone when WOT. same economy as 4 strikers, etc.
Sent from my C625a using Tapatalk

If I were in the market for a new main engine I would give the E-Tec serious consideration.

I have a 300 verado on the back of a grady 228 and I love it. great engine super quiet with lots of power. I'm a four stoke fan......no more worrying about expensive 2 stroke oil or where to put that tank....

I run a 175 on the back of my 22.5 fibreglass and i would say its underpowered but it will do 30mph WOT

I didn't know they just game out with a new motor, im wanting to get a 250 on the back next.

if im not mistaken to be solas certified you have to run two strokes as they can be turned upside down and righted and start again.

Power steering is electric and right on the motor, some other improvements to the "fly by wire " system. I talked to Murray Iseli at Lordship Marine and there is a claim to 600foot pounds of torque on which motor I am not sure. If that is founded then that would put it in the diesel class.

View attachment 13186

pretty nice looking, wonder how many changes where made?

Wow new etecs look awesome I think your question has been answered - be first in line for one of those.

Fugliest outboard I have ever seen cosmetically IMO. (The improvements look good and it will be interesting to see final or real world test reports). The guts are what matters. I did view the video etc. Some of the increased fuel efficiency claims seem bold. If they do pull off the stated fuel efficiency then they will be something to contend with. The current models are a total disappointment with pretty high "real world" fuel rates compared to advertised rates from what I have read.

I don't care who you are or what you make you are changing leg oil every year or twice a year period.

Carry on:)...........

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that is one ugly outboard.....I don't really want the back of my boat to look like a tranformer......

The current models are a total disappointment with pretty high "real world" fuel rates compared to advertised rates from what I have read.

I don't care who you are or what you make you are changing leg oil every year or twice a year period.

Carry on:)...........

With one on the back of my boat I can speak from experience....The ETEC is on par with other 4 strokes out their with regards to fuel economy. They only difference is it drinks more wide open, but it also leaves a 4 stroke in its dust as a result. But cruising, the engine is comparable for sure.

They are definitely torquey motors. Throws you back into the seat at launch.

....so far each ETEC owner I've talked to or read about loves the no break-in maintenance for three years. They are incredibly clean burning and running engines. I would repower with an ETEC in a heartbeat. Too many pluses with these engine when compared to 4 strokes in my opinion.

I run a 2013 250 HO (275hp)....looking at the body on the new engines, BARF. Pretty hideous. The gunmetal engine of 2014 was a looker. And I love the dark blue my 2013 is, looks black at dusk or night. A sweet piece.

Here' is the most BADASS engine on the market. And its only a 55 HP!

showroom_details_engine_MFE_55_black.png

Evinrudes military grade engine. Multi-fuel, submersible...only $25k for the 55 HP model. Yowza!

I run 2013 200 etec on 21ft alumininum. Very happy with it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Back