Esperanza Inlet Report

i just got back from a five day trip to the Newton Cove Resort. We had a couple of great weather days and a few not so great weather day. On the good days, we were able to get of shore and caught some nice halibuts. We let four go that were over sized.

The spring fishing was real good and we limited out quite easily and released a ton more. The biggest was 24, but the majority were all in the high teens, which was about average for the other fisherman. We caught some real nice wild Coho, which had to be released and a couple of decent hatchery fish.

We did catch one ling that was 28 pounds and some others in the mid teens.

Hi Christi, read your story sounds awesome. I used to have a place in Tahsis, i have been wondering what the fishing is like in Esperenza these days, sounds pretty good.
How far off shore do you go for Hali. Thinking of going back to Tahsis to live in the summer and fish if there still there.

Hi Christi, read your story sounds awesome. I used to have a place in Tahsis, i have been wondering what the fishing is like in Esperenza these days, sounds pretty good.
How far off shore do you go for Hali. Thinking of going back to Tahsis to live in the summer and fish if there still there.
We went 20 miles off one day, as the water was like glass and caught some real nice Hali's out there. The other days, we fished structure that was 4 to 5 miles off, and did quite well.

Tahsis area has really turned on the last few days-wed morning Rosa had 14 decent springs on-boated 8-the crew were all newbs but lots of action.

Back