ENGO's go after Catch and Release and Hatcheries now

Just so I can get a total grasp of the position that the recreational sector is taking, can someone please post the science that the SFI and the SFAB stand behind? That may help me and others to get a total grasp of the position we are putting our eggs in the basket for. I have seen via the video posted at the very recent Victoria meeting that Missy McDuffy and the two others addressed. Do we have a video or word for word verbatim from those who represent the sports fishermen? Please post. I really want to read it all. This has been very lacking so far.

Just so I can get a total grasp of the position that the recreational sector is taking, can someone please post the science that the SFI and the SFAB stand behind? That may help me and others to get a total grasp of the position we are putting our eggs in the basket for. I have seen via the video posted at the very recent Victoria meeting that Missy McDuffy and the two others addressed. Do we have a video or word for word verbatim from those who represent the sports fishermen? Please post. I really want to read it all. This has been very lacking so far.

It is my impression that like the right wing anti climate change crowd in the US that there is no GOOD science behind this stuff; it's anti-science & anti-liberal.

The "more fish now at the expense of the future" attitude has gotten us where we are today. What is happening in BC with Salmon happened decades ago in Washington. The "hatcheries are all evil" attitude is incorrect, but the "we can destroy the habitat & replace it with hatcheries" attitude is also incorrect. The needs to be a third choice "use hatcheries until the habitat is restored". Down in WA we have hatcheries on rivers where the native fish went extinct so stocks from other rivers are used in the hatcheries; reducing diversity.

Ads like this won’t help the cause.

******CONTEST TIME******

We are going to promote and ramp up our Brag Board program with a
$$ CATCH AND RELEASE CHALLENGE $$!

Running April 22 - July 14, 2019

Available during any charter booked with ###### Sport Fishing during this time. Try to catch and release as many Chinook salmon as you can to win a FREE TRIP back with us!

How to win:
1. Book a 5, 6 or 8 hr charter on ########### with your fishing buddies.
2. Pack some snacks, preferred drinks and a camera.
3. Catch a Chinook, take a picture, high five your buddies, release the Chinook and mark it on the Brag Board.

You may retain all other available species at no penalty.

Other species include:
- Coho, Pink, Sockeye, Chum salmon
- Ling Cod
- Bottom fish
- Halibut
- Grey Cod
- Sole
- Crab

The one charter with the most releases on July 15th will win a 5 hr charter on the 29 ft boat with ##### as your captain for you to use any time!

We are looking forward to this with our most predictably consistent months May and June just around the corner! Contact us to book your experience today!

So here's a few facts that will make your hair curl. Follow The Money...never lies. This money is being used to influence Canadian domestic policy.

The Moore Foundation has invested $267 million to 65 organizations in Canada....

$234 million went to "activist" organizations

The single largest organization to receive foreign funds is Tides Canada.

$115 million is donated for Marine Planning and related purposes

Of that $115 million - $81 million went directly to Marine Planning between 2006 and 2019.

Between 2003 and 2018, $60 million was paid out on 73 payments towards the Great Bear Rainforest/Northern Self Bioregion....the Marine Protected Area strategy is tied up in those payments and spatial planning work that set the table for the MPA network and its goal of removing 40% of inshore waters from public and commercial fishing activity....and to landlock Canada's oil by blocking the Northern route....next up is the Southern route.

Foreign money flooding into Canada to influence our domestic policy.

So here's a few facts that will make your hair curl. Follow The Money...never lies. This money is being used to influence Canadian domestic policy.

The Moore Foundation has invested $267 million to 65 organizations in Canada....

$234 million went to "activist" organizations

The single largest organization to receive foreign funds is Tides Canada.

$115 million is donated for Marine Planning and related purposes

Of that $115 million - $81 million went directly to Marine Planning between 2006 and 2019.

Between 2003 and 2018, $60 million was paid out on 73 payments towards the Great Bear Rainforest/Northern Self Bioregion....the Marine Protected Area strategy is tied up in those payments and spatial planning work that set the table for the MPA network and its goal of removing 40% of inshore waters from public and commercial fishing activity....and to landlock Canada's oil by blocking the Northern route....next up is the Southern route.

Foreign money flooding into Canada to influence our domestic policy.

******CONTEST TIME******

Available during any charter booked with ###### Sport Fishing during this time. Try to catch and release as many Chinook salmon as you can to win a FREE TRIP back with us!

How to win:
3. Catch a Chinook, take a picture, high five your buddies, release the Chinook and mark it on the Brag Board.

Other species include:
- Ling Cod
- Bottom fish
- Halibut
- Grey Cod
- Sole
- Crab

The one charter with the most releases on July 15th will win a 5 hr charter on the 29 ft boat with ##### as your captain for you to use any time!

We are looking forward to this with our most predictably consistent months May and June just around the corner! Contact us to book your experience today!

Business just trying to adept, sadly I think we are on the path to closed to salmon fishing.

Very interesting to see where some of the foreign money was targeting, or attempting to influence, and which organizations have been funded to do the work....notice that there is $327,438 ear marked to "secure commercial fishermen's support" for MPA's. Crazy, is that an attempt to meddle with domestic policy?

Snip20190422_1.png

Reviewing the list...no a single line item or apparent concern for influencing the recreational sector...clearly the ENGO's are not one bit afraid of the recreational dog...it never bites back. They appear quite concerned about securing commercial fishery support because the commercial fishery can mount a credible threat.

Reviewing the list...no a single line item or apparent concern for influencing the recreational sector...clearly the ENGO's are not one bit afraid of the recreational dog...it never bites back. They appear quite concerned about securing commercial fishery support because the commercial fishery can mount a credible threat.

I thought SFI or SFAB attended meetings for the Gwaii Haanas BS?

What about the northern shelf bioregion?

Where did you find that budget report?

******CONTEST TIME******

How to win:

Other species include:
- Ling Cod
- Bottom fish
- Halibut
- Grey Cod
- Sole
- Crab

I’m just curious what you think is so wrong here?

I’m just curious what you think is so wrong here?

The mortality associated with catch and release as well as putting played out Fish back for easy pickings for the seals.
If it’s s 5% mortality that is truly the goal then catch and release makes little sense.

The mortality associated with catch and release as well as putting played out Fish back for easy pickings for the seals.
If it’s s 5% mortality that is truly the goal then catch and release makes little sense.

That statement sounds like a familiar argument. Very very familiar. Same wording 2. mmmmm.

So with that said sounds like you would rather just have a full fishing closer then? Funny how you pick out a guides advertisement to state these “facts”. So I assume you won’t be on the water then fishing at all if your just hurting fish then right?

So with that said sounds like you would rather just have a full fishing closer then? Funny how you pick out a guides advertisement to state these “facts”. So I assume you won’t be on the water then fishing at all if your just hurting fish then right?

Well hes a commercil fishermen so if he has to be off the water then he wants us off the water.

The C and R thing can and most likely will be used against us.
Bragging about how many spring you can catch and release is a perfect platform to be used against us.
Let’s get real here...not everybody has the best C and R techniques!

The C and R thing can and most likely will be used against us.
Bragging about how many spring you can catch and release is a perfect platform to be used against us.
Let’s get real here...not everybody has the best C and R techniques!

Yes, technically this charter operation is doing nothing wrong, but from a PR standpoint for sport fisherman it is irresponsible. As a charter operator I think its fine to inform prospective clients what the regulations are and tactfully promote that the C&R option is available, but you need to be aware of the overall political environment and realize what effect it might have on your, and everyone else's future fishing availability.

Back