Elite 5 problems

rockdog

Elite 5 issues?
I seem to lose contact with the bottom constantly. I read reports on here where guys say they went fishing and 'sounded' a bunch of fish, arches on the bottom. I used to be able to watch my down rigger balls go down.
Now I can't see anything, and I lose contact with bottom over 100 feet deep.i e mucked with the settings a lot to try and sort it out . I've 'reset' the fishing settings, and still no good. I was fishing Hambley the other day. The was bait fish surfacing and jumping everywhere. I could even see them beside the boat...I didn't sound a single mark.
I know it's gonna be really hard to diagnose from the net , without actually looking at it. I was thinking maybe others have had this issue, maybe there's a smoking gun?
Thanks guys,

Sounds like a transducer issue. You check cables for pinches etc? We lose bottom only when we go deeper then its set for and just have t change to s deeper setting. That wouldnt effect lack of fish showing on sounder which makes me think its a transducer thing not the unit itself.

Check your "sensitivity" setting....set it at around 86%...on "manual".

If it is on "automatic"......it will screw up all the time.

You pretty well need all settings on "manual"..

If the entire unit is on "auto" it will mess up time and time again.

Also check "surface clutter" setting......you may need to tone that down......

Back