Electronics wiring help

dmurph

18303D42-F7B8-4F6D-A97F-D828D695C591.jpeg Not sure why photo is sideways. Looking for help on wiring my lowrance system, 2 head units, radar and backbone. Bought a blue seas st fuse block and think to run the wiring from my fudge that I pulled 10awg wiring that comes from dc switch in the background of photo. Would this be sufficient or should I run new 8 awg to the blue seas?

I would not want the fridge cycling on/off on the same circuit at my voltage / logic sensitive electronics.

The fridge is long gone, pulled it years ago for more tackle storage lol. The wiring is still there in perfect condition.

That looks like a 100 Amp fuse block, so should be wired appropriately. Use this tool to find the proper size wire which depends on the length of your run (circuit).

circuitwizard.bluesea.com/

Personally I would keep that circuit separate for electronics only and unless its a 25KW radar that 10awg will be fine.

That looks like a 100 Amp fuse block, so should be wired appropriately. Use this tool to find the proper size wire which depends on the length of your run (circuit).

circuitwizard.bluesea.com/
i disagree, just because the block can handle 100 amps does not mean it has to be wired to full potential, the fuse feeding that panel will be dictated on the wire size between the source and that fuse block, with the 10awg you are good for 30amp

Think the 30 amps allowance is enough to handle the 4 components? Each requires a 5 amp fuse I believe.

Last edited:
That’s what I was hoping to hear. It’s so convenient to just use the wiring that’s already there with a breaker switch all ready to go. Thinking to use the 10 gauge and if I have any issues or want to add later I’ll run new 8 awg with a switch

Done a lot of wiring on my boat and not sure but if your going 10awg to 8awg to Box I wouldn't do it . The new 8 awg is a much better route in my opinion, even 6 or 4 because if your like me and have a few extra spots in the box , they gotta be used lol .
Good Luck !

Back