Electronics dilemma

I had the exact same issue with a C120 for years. I even replaced the thru hull transducer, thinking that was issue and DSM 300 was still intermittent in working. How many hours have you spent researching the DSM 300? Haha - those things are a complete nightmare. I ended up just removing the DSM 300 completely. I bought a used Raymarine A series with built in sonar and used this to hookup to the thru hull transducer and placed at helm for Sonar. The benefit is the A series unit has built in GPS as a backup. The C120 still functions great as radar and GPS. Way more economical than a complete refit. I also added a stern Dragonfly chirp sonar. We rarely use the helm sonar now anyways.

Cheers
Helm.jpg Raymarine.jpg

Thanks for responding, ya I’ve been having issue for years also, it hasn’t been that bad and easy to live with until recently it seems to be real problem now, lots of research lol. Was still half thinking to do the same, pull the dsm and use the E120 as just radar and navigation. I have list gps signal from time to time now though

Ďeals are out there if yòu arent in a rush. I just bought an HDS 9 gen3 with transducer for $699 from Cabelas Canada . It was on clearance and the last one in Canada so I had to bring it in from Ontario.

Got my 4g radar on clearance from Cabelas too last year for $999.99

Keep looking and you might just convince yourself to swap things around for new tech.

I swapped out my old gps antenna for a GPS that connects through NMEA 0183. I did not buy it from Raymarine. I bought it from Sweden on ebay but it is no longer listed. That was 2015 and it is lightning quick and I have not lost the GPS signal since. It was listed on ebay as Marine Receiver Antenna Sensor replace Garmin GPS HVS 17 & 17x Antenna. Here it is

https://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Channel...h=item1a28b79d4c:g:8N0AAOSwE0JY-8lO:rk:6:pf:0

Read down at the bottom for assurance it is for e120 as well. They also have the cable if you do not have the NEMA cable any more.

Last edited:
Back