East Coast Vancouver Island Winter Springs

I don't know how the fishing's been but I plan on geeting out as soon as my boat gets here. I just moved back to the Comox Valley and I would appreciate any info on the winter springs in the area.

Thanks SW Cowboy

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

I don't know how the fishing's been but I plan on geeting out as soon as my boat gets here. I just moved back to the Comox Valley and I would appreciate any info on the winter springs in the area.

Thanks SW Cowboy

Saltwater Cowboy the winter fishing is heating up in Campbell River alot of undersized but there's keepers out there! Drop me a line when your ready to go mabye we can get together. Got a little work to do on my boat before I get out. Hope to get the boat ready soon.

Cheers ME aka Kevin

Happy Hookin!!!

Saltwater Cowboy the winter fishing is heating up in Campbell River alot of undersized but there's keepers out there! Drop me a line when your ready to go mabye we can get together. Got a little work to do on my boat before I get out. Hope to get the boat ready soon.

Cheers ME aka Kevin

Happy Hookin!!!

Lighthouse and hump in CR is fair. Boating between 6-10 springs each time out the past two weekends, but only 1-2 legal size. 4-5 inch 500 plugs and coyote spoons doing the trick.

Lighthouse and hump in CR is fair. Boating between 6-10 springs each time out the past two weekends, but only 1-2 legal size. 4-5 inch 500 plugs and coyote spoons doing the trick.

Hey Kevin, Any more news on the fishing here in Courtenay. I've been out and caught a few undersized and my brother caught a 10lb spring off of bates beach. I want to find out where those springs are hiding so I can enjoy some winter fishing!! It's fun no matter what but a little fish in the boat helps off set the cold weather!!

SW Cowboy

Hey Kevin, Any more news on the fishing here in Courtenay. I've been out and caught a few undersized and my brother caught a 10lb spring off of bates beach. I want to find out where those springs are hiding so I can enjoy some winter fishing!! It's fun no matter what but a little fish in the boat helps off set the cold weather!!

SW Cowboy

Happy New Year to all...
Out today at Cape Mudge...5 feeders and one keeper at 14 lbs, plus lots of prawns...Angelo's Tiger Prawn hootchie in a needle fish size was the ticket today..clear and sunny weather with hardly a hint of wind but was still glad to have a heater on board. Clients were even treated to a show from a Killer whale pod that came through at 2:00.
Later.....

boc

Happy New Year to all...
Out today at Cape Mudge...5 feeders and one keeper at 14 lbs, plus lots of prawns...Angelo's Tiger Prawn hootchie in a needle fish size was the ticket today..clear and sunny weather with hardly a hint of wind but was still glad to have a heater on board. Clients were even treated to a show from a Killer whale pod that came through at 2:00.
Later.....

boc

Has any one heard about any winters around the nanaimo area im guessing it's slow like it was pretty much all year.

Has any one heard about any winters around the nanaimo area im guessing it's slow like it was pretty much all year.

Still curious if anyone's having any luck in the Comox Valley area? I like to fish either Bates Beach, The tip of Hornby, or maybe grants reef! Has anybody heard how the fishig is in these locations?

Once the ramps get cleared of snow....Bates and the hump off Kitty Coleman have been producing. Lots of under sized but a few keepers to keep it interesting.

boc

Any new infor on the fishing in the Comox Valley and Campbell River areas! I'm back in town now so it's time to get fishing!

Thanks SW Cowboy

Back