E.C.V.I.

Thanks for the replies on the head bites, folks.
Kelly, I'll try to find those pix.

Tried off Nanaimo yesterday for 6 hours.
No love until 10 minutes to go then a nice pink from 130'.
Many shakers/jacks.

Kid was mad that we didn't return to FC!

The crab LOVED the fresh pink carcasses from yesterday, I haven't seen that many crabs in a trap since I was a kid in Barclay Sound.
There were at least 40 in each trap and enough legal to fill our limits easily.
Prawning is still slow here too, had to go way deep to get some of about medium size, the regular depths are only producing prawns the size of shrimp.

Smiley.

Went out yesterday 11-2 in some ugly weather. We surfed/trolled a few passes and i got my first skunk in a while. Done fishing for the year, back to the prairies. Good luck the rest of the season guys.

Was out at French Creek last night at high slack, water had calmed considerably. Release a few small grilse and lost a 25-30lb spring at the boat. Fishing by myself is always a bit of an adventure. Missed netting it and it ran under the boat while my reel momentarily caught on my body and snappo. Any tips on handling things by yourself would greatly be appreciated.

Was out at the little q last night was was very fishable, managed to get our limit 3 in the low 20s and 1 in the high 20s and released 1 small one we got hits every 5 minutes from 5:45 til 7:30 fishen was great

quote:Originally posted by Cedarstrip

Took my lovely wife out sunday night for a little boat ride.
She has never caught a salmon before so we thought we'd give it a try for a while as they've been biting around here lately.
Her very first salmon.
Ever.

36#
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg168/Cedarstrip/IMG_0048.jpg[/IMG]g][/img]
Great fish!!!

just keep the boat trolling straight until you get him up close to the boat, when he's tired and you want to net it, hit neutral and stay calm, as long as your nets ready to go you should be able to do it pretty easy solo.

make sure your leaders are not to long.If using more than 1 rod your asking for trouble. Stay calm

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Went out yesterday 11-2 in some ugly weather. We surfed/trolled a few passes and i got my first skunk in a while. Done fishing for the year, back to the prairies. Good luck the rest of the season guys.

Changed schools no more prairies ever again :D. Might be fishing again this year...

Heard of 3 30 pounders caught off the spaurboy in nanoose bay today. Pretty solid i dont have the full details but sounds like their are some fish still kickin.

Hey Kelly,did you leave that hootchy on my boat? Is that the secret weapon? No more U of C, now maybe Salmon University? Gonna get out today,who was fishin sparbouy? Sea Lover fishes there alot.BRS

Willy was taking business at U of C now going to UBC.

Ya greg i left that. It looks cool i hit a few feeders last time i tried it. Maybe throw it out. It was charlie fishing the spaurboy my parents ran into him at the marina.

got out fishing at the mouth of the little qualicum this afternoon. Fished from 3-6 pm and managed one nice 16 pounder. Actually got it in 30 feet of water, dragging a glow green spoon at 20 feet... always nice to catch something when you can see your clip on the rigger cable below you as you troll (water was super clear).

there was tons of fish flopping everywhere, every 5 seconds there was another one jumping about.

all we got was the one fish, no other sniffs. didnt see any other boat catch anything either, unless it picked up after we left in the evening?

the fish were definitely there... just not so interested in the gear!

a little colour to the 16 pounder...
IMG_4919.jpg

Hey Banger, you should of taken the picture with your nice shades on..... :D:D Nice fish. SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Sorry for the 'hijack' but I think you'll find this important:

DC Reid, a major sportsfisherman on this coast, wrote this article about fish farms hurting the sockeye run.
http://www.timescolonist.com/Fraser...+chance+because+fish+farms/1971312/story.html

"Department of Fisheries and Oceans minister, Gail Shea, was in Norway at the major aquaculture get-together wooing them to come to Canada."

He urges us to write Shea.G@parl.gc.ca to tell her we want to keep fishfarms out of BC. If she gets enough stinkin emails about this, it'll help.

Thanks.

Back