E.C.V.I.

skunked fishing 12-2 we got out to late. Tons of bait it looked really good on the reef off gerald but other than a few possible hits nothin. There was a 20 knt NW that pounded the crap outta us. I saw a 32 on the board today! didnt see it myself but thats a hog for this area. No other info on the fish it wasnt from a regular

Are you gonna stay at Squitty Bay? I've stayed there before, you can raft up with another boat if there's no room but you should be okay. If you want to try the north end you can tie up at the gov. dock and get a room at the pub for under $50/night. Lasqueti Pub on a Sat. nite can be alot of fun.

Hey Kelly I think I might go for a wee troll at Ballenas for an hour or so.I'll be leavin the dock at 6:30am if you wanna go. I gotta work @ 9 so it won't be long.

Not sure yet might just rough it out on the boat floor and anchor in a bay. Well be fishing sangster all weekend gimme a shout on the radio well we be monitering 16

hey guys, i have never heard of gerald, where is it? is it an island or a point?
tks for any info

Its an island close to shore near schooner cove. It fishes well at times in july and aug but lotsa seals. I wouldnt bother making a trip out of it its ushually not that great compared to other areas.

There is a nice little bay on the southeast side of Sangster that would be protected if it's gonna blow from the NW. We use to camp on the beach at Ballenas. You can tie up to one of the buoys in the bay.We beached the boat and unloaded all the gear and then one guy would run out and tie off the boat then swim to shore, then in the morning the other guy swims out and brings the boat in. If you have 2 guys with you then it's easy....You're the captain, make them do the swimmin.

Hey klob no b.s. reports just trying to let other people know there's some good fish around C.R right now.

No B.S. here either! Actually I heard there were some Flatties taken off the Hump earlier in the week, along with some rather large springs.Hopefully they will be coming down the Island.

No salmon or bait anywhere we fished 8 hours at sangster and south lasqueiti. We didnt bother stayin the night it was awful. To top it off i had a horrible hangup.Depth finder malfuction and strong winds resaulted in the following. Lost cannonball,2 lost clips,2 rods completely spooled, 2 flasher, 2 hootchies and a broken rod that was new! i have no idea how so much sh*^ could happen both rods snagged with the cannonball. Gave up on salmon and jigged up a 10lb ling and lost a monster 20-30lb ling that grabbed a rockfish.$250 day has me not wanting to fish anytime soon.

Windy on the Powell side as well. We seem to get hit with a lot of NW winds lately. Did manage to find 2 about 12 to 14 lb. Same as last week just kept going through the tackle box looking for something to try. Interestingly both were caught within a quarter mile of each other and 3 hours apart, one was loaded with 1 to 1.5 inch bait and the other had 5 inch herring in it.

Kelly, you'll be out tomorrow. Try not to forget about the two slabs you got less than a week ago!!!!! If you wanna go out for the bite I'm heading to the boat right now and leaving the dock at 7:30am if you wanna go.

Back