E.C.V.I.

Dr hook april was awsome for alot of guys around here and died in early may. Everything seems late this year. We werent touching fish until fathers day last year. So if this years late like it seems to be with colder temps maybe its still a few weeks until any decent numbers show. Right now just seems like fish here and there. Im keepin fingers crossed

Dr hook april was awsome for alot of guys around here and died in early may. Everything seems late this year. We werent touching fish until fathers day last year. So if this years late like it seems to be with colder temps maybe its still a few weeks until any decent numbers show. Right now just seems like fish here and there. Im keepin fingers crossed

Upper inside has been pretty good so far. Getting into a lot of Springs everytime out. They are nailing the bait too...real hungry..swallowing it reallll deep. Just seems patience is a virtue...been averaging a bite an hour so far.

I don't fish for a living...I live to fish!

Upper inside has been pretty good so far. Getting into a lot of Springs everytime out. They are nailing the bait too...real hungry..swallowing it reallll deep. Just seems patience is a virtue...been averaging a bite an hour so far.

I don't fish for a living...I live to fish!

Fished Sansum Narrows * hrs on Sat and Sun...NOT a single salmon bite....:(

Fished Sansum Narrows * hrs on Sat and Sun...NOT a single salmon bite....:(

Starting to turn around in Nanoose area this week.Bigredsnapper got a 22.5lber and another friend got a 21 lb and sangster today and yesterday. I went to ballenas and got a 27 this morn after a long scrap with a seal.Another guy lost 3 at gerald today. Pretty solid sized fish for ecvi maybe a good sign. 120-160feet green white hootchies/herring. I was late for the bite today hopefully hit it tommorow morn. Few pics

Bigredsnappers fish

f.jpg

Mine from this morn
h2.jpg

Seal chewed up his face
h.jpg

Nice one Kelly.

I heard you gave your old man crap for buying a fish coffin too small for your fish.

Not supposed to catch them that big over here.

Kelly nice Fish. Glad to hear things are picking up. There might be hope for us up here in the Comox Valley. GLG

ProfileatKitty-1.jpg

Nice fish kelly good on ya, you put in the time nice to see you with the reward!!!!!! Baddog he shot it..... Just Kidding!!!!! Must have been the fight of your life and had the chase of your life....

Cheers

FunFisher_com.jpg

Thanks for posting that photo. I know I had a great scrap with mine, I can imagine a 45min battle with a seal..... and winning. It must have been a great feeling when he was finally in the net, that was one pissed off seal!!!Maybe the buggers will stick to the smaller salmon. I guess he grabbed the head because he was so big.Anyway see you out there it looks like it's shaping up like last June only with bigger fish!

I wonder what Thrasher is like?

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

Went out today 7-10am banged another dandy. 25lb spring and a 5lb snapper.Lost one other hit. All on green white glow hootchie with 42inch leader at north end gerald. Awsome scrap thought a seal grabbed it until it turned around. Hit it right as we were leaving my hands were on the rod to reel in.

h10.jpg

h11.jpg

Holy crap, That's two beauties in two days!!!I think I'll head out tomorrow for a little troll. Was there any other boats out there?

Good stuff kelly thx for sharin the pics...

IMG_1021-1.jpg

Greg this was also a red.There were other boats but they all got out there around 9 two ran to ballenas and charlie was fishing around me i never saw how they did though ill be down at the boat around 8 tonight installing a vhf and cleanin up if your gonna be down there.

Went out this morning for a couple hours and nothing. TONS of bait everywhere and even a bait ball on the surface. They were about an inch long, I don't know what they were.Beautiful morning though wish we could have stayed out longer.

At least there is some bait maybe its juvinille herring? The guy that got the 21 at sangster said it had massive herring in it. 10-12inches. Charlie got a 14 lber between sparbouy and gerald today. I think im wrong about the fish showing up in any numbers i know a few good fisherman who got skunked the last two days.Might have just got lucky ill be out tommorow 10-1 for the bite and all of sat.

Back