Durabait....where to buy now?

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fishing Forum' started by Seafever, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Seafever

Seafever Well-Known Member

Where on Van Isle do they sell the complete line of Durabait products?

The Durabait website isn't helpful at all...

2. Gear'n'beer!

Gear'n'beer! Well-Known Member

Wisebuys had them. Alpine bought the works up....... I would give Aaron a call at alpine and see what he has left

3. Seafever

Never heard of Alpine...where are they?

And is Durabait out of business now and it's just whatever old stock out there is being sold off?

4. RogersonCrusoe

RogersonCrusoe Active Member

Trotac has a good selection and Sherwood Marine in central Saanich. Alpine Marine is in Langford

The owner is still in business and has moved away from fake whole anchovy on teaserhead and into sort of a strip-on-a-wire so it's more tunable. Hard to describe.

5. RiverBoy

RiverBoy Well-Known Member

there's lots at the shop-rite store in Port McNeill. not sure if it's the complete line

Durabaiter4life likes this.
  6. Alpine Marine

Alpine Marine New Member

We do have some in stock at alpine and will be restocking soon.

Durabaiter4life and trophywife like this.
  7. Alpine Marine

Alpine Marine New Member

new stock has arrived! 22448517_913863248767186_1734053371443114405_n.jpg

Durabaiter4life and Dogbreath like this.
  8. tailchaser

tailchaser New Member

Harbour Chandler in nanaimo has them in stock too!

Dogbreath likes this.
  9. Ruff

Ruff Member

Do they work? I've always run bait here on the north coast but saw some of these at the marina the other day. If they work as well as bait then I might give them a try in the spring.

abl likes this.
  10. Gear'n'beer!

Gear'n'beer! Well-Known Member

Well......they aren't bait but do roll like bait given the right tweak. I'm not going to bash or rave about them..... I have caught fish using them however, mostly winter resident fishing.

Good luck!
    GnB

11. Chuck

Chuck Active Member

Used them fishin Nootka with success. Tune em and add some scent and good to go...

Durabaiter4life likes this.
  12. Last Chance

Last Chance Admin Staff Member

Good for Winters, or offshore WCVI feeders, but I would probably use bait myself if looking for in shore mature fish.

13. Seafever

In the summer I didn't get any fish with the Durabait that looks like a baitfish. May have been my fault because you have to get those to roll nice just like any other bait rig.

However the one pictured below seemed to turn them on in clear head. (Green head:- no)

Pretty easy to rig...then just get them up to correct speed and no problem..

(You need roller beadchain on the flasher end of the leader)

IMG_0595.JPG

14. Durabaiter4life

Durabaiter4life New Member

Durabaits are sold at.... Trotac Marine in Victoria,Alpine Marine in Langford,Island Outfitters in Victoria,Sherwood Marine in Saanichton ,Home Hardware in Sidney ,Harbor Chandler in Nanaimo ,Method Marine in Tofino ,Tyee Marine in Campbell River and Courtney ,Shop-Rite in Port McNeil, and Sea-Sport Marine in Prince Rupert....and yes they do work. I have won three derbies with them and placed in top 5 in two others. Won Elk Lake Derby twice with the trout baits, and James Bay Anglers with a 22 pounder caught beside breakwater. They work all year round you just have to find the fish and put one in front of them!!

15. Durabaiter4life

Seafever...are you talking about Durabaits or Baitrix?.....what is in the picture is a Baitrix... Durabaits and Baitrix are two different products made from different material

16. Seafever

I get them confused. Yep. Baitrix. I think they both made imitation strip though..

17. MadJigga

MadJigga Active Member

The Baitrix looks interesting. Decent website but it looks that they're selling the business and they can't be ordered online. I'm curios who stocks them as well?

18. Durabaiter4life

Yup, the Baitrix strip you need a teaser head which are getting hard to find now, but Durabaits strip comes in three sizes and no teaser head needed, they are tunable as well...