Dura Boat

spring fever

Anyone have any insights into a 15 or 16 ft Dura boat. It has some kind of propriety adhesive over lapping seams. Anyone have any first hand experience with them??

Anyone have any insights into a 15 or 16 ft Dura boat. It has some kind of propriety adhesive over lapping seams. Anyone have any first hand experience with them??

I have owned a 14 foot Duroboat for almost 30 years. It has been powered by a 15 hp Honda most of its life. It has been retired to trout fishing at Cowichan Lake the last several years, still going strong.
The boat was used for many years at Sooke salmon fishing and also was towed to Bamfield on the gravel road through Lake Cowichan dozens of times. It has never had a single leak. I would think it is as good a boat as any comparable thin Guage rivited AL boats, i.e. Lund, Princecraft, Smoker raft, etc.
...Rob

I have owned a 14 foot Duroboat for almost 30 years. It has been powered by a 15 hp Honda most of its life. It has been retired to trout fishing at Cowichan Lake the last several years, still going strong.
The boat was used for many years at Sooke salmon fishing and also was towed to Bamfield on the gravel road through Lake Cowichan dozens of times. It has never had a single leak. I would think it is as good a boat as any comparable thin Guage rivited AL boats, i.e. Lund, Princecraft, Smoker raft, etc.
...Rob
Nice to hear thanks

I ran one in Port Renfrew a few times in the 1990’s. A 16 footer with a 50 on it, it seemed a little under powered with two men and gear on board as I recall. Was a decent boat, handled good. There was an issue with the paint peeling off on the transom when it was pretty new, other than that, it was a decent craft. I liked it.

I ran one in Port Renfrew a few times in the 1990’s. A 16 footer with a 50 on it, it seemed a little under powered with two men and gear on board as I recall. Was a decent boat, handled good. There was an issue with the paint peeling off on the transom when it was pretty new, other than that, it was a decent craft. I liked it.
Thanks-surprised about the power-have to watch that!!

Thanks-surprised about the power-have to watch that!!
To be fair, it had a home made welded aluminum centre console in it that was deluxe but added to the weight.

I think a 70 on it would have been better. It was a bit baggy in the hole shot but once planing was fine.

Back