Drum brake flush kit

Yote

So I am in the process of rebuilding my boat trailer brakes and would like to install a drum flush kit for it. Does anyone know where I might find this kit somewhere on the lower island?

Many thanks.

Made my own. Third the price of buying a kit. Can get everything at good hardware store.:)

Thanks, I am having a mechanic neighbor rebuild it so I have to have something that he can install while I am at work. After seeing the brakes that came off the trailer I want to have a way to flush them better than what I was doing.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Brake flush kits on a drum set up will not prolong the life of the brakes all that much, maybe a year. If the trailer is used with any regularity you will get a maximum of 3 years before the brakes will need service. BTW you need to flush right after launching and right after retrieving to get any results. Most people only flush at the end of the day. The trailer sits with salt water in the brakes all day while you are fishing. Flushing at home after use also is bad, brakes never dry out. Flush at ramp then drive home, the heat from use will dry them off.

So after looking into it I think that I will skip the flush kits as most ramps I go to don't have a hose right there and that is where the flushing need sto be done. I'll just have to do what I can.

Thanks.

Back