drift boat

pennel

FIRST OF ALL WANT TO SAY HELLO AS A NEWBIE AND THEN HIT YOU WITH THE FIRST OF MANY QUESTIONS. HAVE RECENTLY RETIRED AND MADE THE MOVE FROM THE OTHERSIDE OF THE POND(SCOTLAND) AND NOW LIVE OUTSIDE PORT ALBERNI ON THE SOMASS.WE CAME HERE BASICALLY BECAUSE I LIKE TO FISH AND HUNT ETC.HERE'S THE FIRST QUESTION I AM LOOKING AT BUYING A DRIFT BOAT AND AS I LIVE ON THE RIVER THOUGHT THAT PUTTING AN OUTBOARD ON IT (I KNOW YOU ARE LIMITED TO 9.9)AS THEN I WOULD BE ABLE TO MOTOR UP RIVER IF I WANTED ESPECIALLY WHEN THE WATER IS HIGH.IS THIS THE WAY TO GO OR FOR THOSE IN THE KNOW OR WONT THAT SET UP CUT IT IN HIGH WATER.
GO EASY ON ME GUYS AND ANY POSITIVE SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED.

Go on craigslist in portland or seattle you can find a good willie,fish-ite or alumaweld for a decent price.Youll want aluminum up there to withstand abuse drifting the upper river in lower flows.Go with a 15 horse 2 stroke longshaft on you boat it will work good.So will a 9.9 but a 15 weighs the same.

fish-rite gives some good advice, heck he sold me my drift boat. email me at -------- I got a buddy who might sell.

FR - how did your experiment on friday go?

steelie I did a 2 hour drift of the cow the other weekend and the water looked great, just 1 fish on though. Didn't hear of any boated fish from the other boats either.

FR I'll give you a shout this week, its gotta heating up somewhere.

Still lots of snow at Stoltz,Sandy and Vimy. You will need a good 4X4. Lots of snow at Vimy on the bank, makes for a slippery take-out.

Tournament Proven !

Drifted from Stoltz to Vimy yesterday. Landed one fish, did not see anyone else out which was nice, water is getting on the low side. Lots of snow Stolz being the worst, had to winch a buddy out, when he went over the curb and high ceterded himself.

Back