Douche bag gets his Cutwater seized

Unfortunately this news is starting to spin out of control on social media and the news. All the NGO, and the worshipers are starting to crawl and put two cents on this. Even one person went on FB comments started talking about whales were starving again.

Although it is great they were caught it is negative **** we don't need right now.

Very shameful and makes us all look bad.

what is the rules on out of country fishing in our waters as far as retention goes?
Same rules for any licence holder. Away from your normal place of residence, you are allowed to be in possession of two daily limits of Chinook. 2 per day per person right now, so 3 people would be allowed 12 Chinook in their possession at the end of a two days or more fishing trip.

As unfortunate as this person's example is - I think there should be an understanding and admittance that ALL sectors have their bad actors that might not be indicative of their sector.

The questions are:
1/ are we doing what we can to minimize these incidents? Can we improve?
2/ is the system working reasonably well? What metrics do we use to understand this?
3/ What is the impacts wrt illegal fishing from all sectors verses just this one incident?

That's the kind of conversations I would like to see triggered from these incidents.

Same rules for any licence holder. Away from your normal place of residence, you are allowed to be in possession of two daily limits of Chinook. 2 per day per person right now, so 3 people would be allowed 12 Chinook in their possession at the end of a two days or more fishing trip.

Thats how I read them as well, I have a float cabin in the Barclay Sound and call it quits until when I get full limits until I unload at my residential home. There are many Americans that have float cabins as well we see them out every day for weeks/months at a time. Is the vacation cabin considered home?

Nope it is your normal place of residence.

Back