Double Eagle 185 bilge question

N2013

New to me 185. Clean survey. Can someone explain to me why there's a drain up front on the floor from the step down into the cuddy, leading back to the bilge? There is currently water in there and sloshes forward when trailering the boat down a hill. Do I need to be alarmed? Boat was on the trailer in our driveway for the last few weeks so most of the water should have drained out. The bilge itself is at the back as I've shop vacuumed it out a couple times and cleaned it. Hoping there's an 185 owner out there that can help explain this to me.

Yes... same boat, same problem. most annoying. it does technically drain to the bilge area , albeit incredibly slowly, as the fuel tank is in the way . it’s a minor thing i wouldn’t worry about it. i agree it’s irritating though. i hate knowing there’s water trapped between the two bulkheads

Yep. Always store it with slope to the drain. I know that's obvious but I thought I had enough slope once and had a few hundred pounds of water up front

As others state, store boat stern down, had my floor tank out and got to see, if I remember its a channel, tube to rear bilge, mine runs rearward fast and remains dry until I wash out the front drop down and the water runs back for bilge to evac, hole is a little higher in rear bilge well. On mine, if I see water in forward step down I turn on bilge, it then goes away and stays dry. This happens when I back down, wash blood, dirt and forget to turn on bilge manually, my auto float shuts off before the last bit of water is out. Manual for a couple seconds fixes mine, a hint, when I wash boat I stick power washer nozzle in front scupper hole and blast, maybe some are slow draining due to "something" built up in tube/trough? Just spent 5 days/nights in boat and no water in forward drop down, woke up with dry barefoot to get coffee going. Lifes good, hope you enjoy your DE as much as I do.

HM

The drain may be clogged from where the tank sits to the rear bilge. Had this happen on my 185, area around the tank was completely full of water because the tiny drain hole leading into the rear bilge was clogged. Pain in the arse to clear out but once I did no water left and any water from upfront drained properly to rear.

The drain may be clogged from where the tank sits to the rear bilge. Had this happen on my 185, area around the tank was completely full of water because the tiny drain hole leading into the rear bilge was clogged. Pain in the arse to clear out but once I did no water left and any water from upfront drained properly to rear.

what was your secret trick to clearing the drain from fuel tank to rear blige?? Have fuel tank hatch lifted complete access to fuel tank but unable to unclog it. Might try an air hose this weekend.

Back