Door to Door Seafood Sales

fishin_magician

View attachment 31094 This guy was going door to door selling boxed vacuum packed salmon and all kinds of other seafood today in my neighbourhood in Vancouver. He was driving a white truck.

Primetime Food Services.

The prices are ridiculous... he was selling at 100% or more over boat direct prices and the quality looked kinda "home brew" ish.

View attachment 31094 This guy was going door to door selling boxed vacuum packed salmon and all kinds of other seafood today in my neighbourhood in Vancouver. He was driving a white truck.

Primetime Food Services.

The prices are ridiculous... he was selling at 100% or more over boat direct prices and the quality looked kinda "home brew" ish.
Can't see the attachment. Never heard of door to door salmon salesmen. Sounds kind of "fishy".

Don't know about that company, but those kind of sales trucks have been working the west side of Vancouver for years. Haven't seen one in a while, big German Shepard with a loud bark tends to keep the salesmen and Jehovah's witnesses off the property. Eats lots of food, but worth it for the peace of mind. No worries about break ins and thefts with a loud beast roving the perimeter.

Not unusual on the Island to see vans with a freezer and a genset parked off the highway with a big SEAFOOD, prawns scallops, salmon for sale. These guys do the same thing selling bunches of flowers ( usually at cut rate prices) They are so visible, I would tend to think they are legit-- but who knows.

Tell him you will buy something maybe...if he shows a legal lic. to sell.
Did he have spot prawns and crab also?
Otherwise....make the call to DFO

My ex used to sell this way. She would buy from a wholesaler in North Van and do roadside and had a list of regular customers to deliver to.
Just people creating jobs for themselves to get by.

It's been a while but used to see the little white trucks doing that 12-15 years ago.

What did you buy? :D

Use to have them all the time in Aldergrove.....they sold everything from seafood to beef, chicken and pork...the odd time not bad deals and done as a "real' business!

Regular occurrence along Barnet Highway between Burnaby and Port Moody from May to October. Yummy prawns, scallops, and other shellfish sold out of white vans, station wagons, and lotsof other 20+ year old cars. Coolers with questionable quantities of ice, sitting in the sun, etc. I have never taken advantage of their "deals". I think that botulism really isn't worth the savings.

Use to have them all the time in Aldergrove.....they sold everything from seafood to beef, chicken and pork...the odd time not bad deals and done as a "real' business!
Mr. Portion Control was one of the companies. Freezer in the back of a truck with dry ice. Do t ask me how I know...

Back