Donated Prizes and Recognition

Canadian Tire Courtenay has donated a brand new bike for one of our youngest winners of the 0-8 years of age group.

This prize will be given to one of our younger anglers in the age group 0-8 years of age, with the biggest catch in the 2014 SFBC Salmon Derby. The winner of this prize will not have to attend the awards wrap up party. All you have to do is enter you child the 2014 SFBC Salmon Derby and catch the biggest fish in his or her age group.

Canadian Tire Courtenay
278 Old Island Hwy,

We are pleased to announce that we have rounded out our SFBC Derby 2014 prize list with a trip for two to Reel Obsession’s Zeballos Fishing Lodge! The prize, for the largest fish, is a two night/two day all inclusive package to be used in the 2015 season (July 15 to August 20 excepted). To register for the Derby contact the organizing committee at sfbcderby2014@gmail.com. Here is what you can expect on your trip.

Staying at our British Columbia Fishing Lodge

The Lodge is located in the seaside village of Zeballos BC on Vancouver Island's west coast. Accessible by automobile or float plane our resort is a great spot for a corporate retreat, a family vacation, or the Vancouver Island fishing charter of a lifetime. You will enjoy all the comforts you'd expect from large resorts; a hot tub, sauna, satellite TV, and in-room fireplaces. Wireless internet, telephone, and a fax machine is provided for those of you that need to stay in touch. Incredible scenery surrounds the lodge and the fantastic food prepared by our chef make for an unforgettable fishing experience.

RO Lodge Interior.jpg

Back at the lodge after a day of fishing, boating, or sightseeing you can relax in the hot tub, on the deck overlooking the ocean, by a fireplace, or enjoy an appetizer while dinner is being prepared. Because our Canadian Fishing Lodge cooks meals by focusing on the bounty of the sea like fresh local seafood such as halibut, cod, scallops, prawns, and of course salmon. Top quality meats, crisp fresh salads (often from our garden), fresh baked breads, and delectable desserts await your hearty appetite.

RO Food.jpg

Fishing Zeballos and Esperanza on Vancouver Island's West Coast

zeballos01.jpg

Reel Obsession Sport Fishing offers a world class BC fishing lodge and guided fishing charters on the west coast of Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. We fish the pristine waters of Nootka Sound and Esperanza, with our lodge located in McBride Bay between the villages of Zeballos and Tahsis. Nootka Sound and Esperanza hosts the best fishing Vancouver Island has to offer. Monster Chinook salmon, acrobatic coho salmon, giant halibut and up to 12 species of bottom fish are abundant on Vancouver Island. Fishing Nootka Sound is very unique in giving us two unbeatable fishing grounds. Our off shore fishing spots produce the best salmon and halibut fishing Vancouver Island BC offers. While the protected waters of Nootka Sound and Esperanza have incredible fishing opportunities as well.

A World Class Fishing Experience in BC

Our emphasis is on making your fishing vacation exciting and unforgettable. All of our BC fishing charters are with professional guides with years of experience and knowledge. "I enjoy what I do and have been fishing Vancouver Island for years. I love to catch fish and take a great deal of pride showing my customers the thrill of experiencing a world class sport fishing charter" - Adrian O'Connor owner/operator.

RO Salmon.jpg

More information about Reel Obsession and the Zeballos Lodge is available at http://www.reelobsession.ca/.
If you have registered you are just a perfect hook set away from winning this fantastic fishing adventure to a truly spectacular part of the world! If you have yet to get your name in the pool, time is running out for you to sign up, participate in the Derby, and help raise funds for this years recipient, Little River Enhancement Society. To register, please contact the organizing committee at sfbcderby2014@gmail.com.

Last edited by a moderator:

With only 6 days left to get your entry's in to take part in the First Annual SFBC Salmon Derby 2014, we have up for grabs another early bird prize!
A pair of custom finished needlefish spoons, designed by Iron Noggin.
Years in the making, these spoons will be the first spoons issued publicly, with a commercial release this summer.

Entry must be received by May 31st 2014 11:59pm to be eligable to win these rare spoons

Not only will you have a chance to win these awesome spoons by joining the derby, you may just win the derby with them.

So many of you always tell us how we need to support enhancement yet I have not seen your $25 as of yet. Remember 100% of your $25 entry goes directly to Little River Enhancement Society, thus adding to the betterment of LRES. The fact is, the fish that the LRES puts into the water pass by many fishing ports on their way back to the spawning grounds so they are inevitably helping coastal fishing.

Even though Little River Enhancement Society is not in your back yard, next year it could be your local hatchery selected to benefit from this derby, and it could be you looking for entries from other members in other communities to support the cause in your backyard.

Many of you are already entering other derby's this summer, so why not try to win two derby's with your catch.

Please don't contact me about these spoons. I am in no way affiliated with the production of these spoons. They were offered up in support of the 2014 SFBC Salmon Derby as a early bird give away.

Good Luck,

How to enter......

Entry:

$25 Entry Fee Per Person
Entry fee payable to LRES (Little River Enhancement Society)
Mail to:

SFBC Salmon Derby
Unit 6-2401 Cliffe Ave.
Box #113
Courtenay, BC
V9N2L5

Please include name(s) (forum name and real name(s), age of children entered, email address and phone number(s). Email confirmation will be sent out once entry is received. Personal information will be kept confidential and will be destroyed October 2014.

Arrangements can be made, and help is available if you find getting your entry in is to difficult.

Please contact me if you want to pay by ETransfer or to drop off cash

Not only has Andrew P offered up 3 sets of Sand Lance Needlefish Spoons to be given away to entrants June 10th, he has also donated a 24k gold plated Sand Lance Needlefish spoon to be given away Sept. 27th in Nanaimo at the wrap up, awards and BBQ.

There's a spoon you wouldn't want to lose

would love to get my hands the Iron Noggins needlefish, had an opportunity to see some prototypes in action early on and they have an action like nothing else ive seen...some serious attention to detail and quality...been after them for a while!! this derby is throwing up some awesome prizes, impressed!!

Man, your crazy to not be entering this derby!

Look at these friggin prizes that are out there for only $25! All you have to do is go fishing in your own home waters for a chance to win $1000's of dollars in prizes.

You gotta be nuts to not enter, even if your only on the water a couple of times this season.

Check your email folks!!! Time to forget about whatever reason has kept you from joining the SFBC derby. Even if you only fish a small amount,or are one the many that contribute to many other projects,there is still no real reason not to enter this one. Never seen a format that allows an entrant to have so many chances to win something while conducting there season as normal.

Clearly every one of us can see the enormous potential a derby of this format can have in making a difference to enhancement projects coast wide. By the extreme generosity displayed by the many businesses and forum members in the form of donations and promotion, it is obvious that they see the value in ensuring this first year is a success.

As I see it the success of this years derby will only ensure the success and growth for years coming. More importantly is the fact that this success and growth will have a direct impact on your local enhancement project wen your area is selected as the recipient .

The organizers of this thing have gone above and beyond to meet peoples needs in an effort to make this derby as effortless as possible to enter and take part in. There are only a couple days left to enter. Please take the less than 5 minutes it takes to get your entry in and be a part of the fun and positive contributions this derby will ultimately add to our fishing seasons both now and in years to come.

Ray

Well the opportunity to enter the 2014 SFBC Salmon Derby may be over, but for the smart and generous ones that got in the prize list will continue to grow. :)

There will be more donations added to this list from now till Sept.27 2014 when we give it all away. :)

I know there are already a few more prizes coming, so good luck and thank you for your support.

If you or someone you know would like to add to this prize list feel free to contact me directly or by emailing sfbcderby2014@gmail.com

Thanks Again,

Good Job FA!! So how many other entrants do I have to beat!!LOL Oh! I thought it was a combined fish weight, rum drinking and how much fun you can have(with your pants on)-fishing contest!!LoL Ok let the games begin!!

We exceeded my goal of 200 entry's..... :) Thank You to everyone that jumped into help me reach this goal.

The total number of entry's won't be known till all the postdated entry's come in.

Right now we have already raised over $5000 for Little River Enhancement Society. With the use of the grant LRES has in place our donation is equivalent to over $10,000 that they can use towards one of their ongoing lists of projects.

Something we can all be proud of.

Thanks Again,

Sea Owl has donated an assortment of spoons and pre-tied rigs

SeaOwl fishing products
"A wise choice"
Check us out at
www.seaowl.ca
We want to make sure you get the best product possible, How You! want it

As part of the SFBC 2014 Derby there is a raffle open to all members of SFBC, family and friends. This raffle is open to anyone. You do not have to be a SFBC member or a derby participant. 100% of the money raised from this raffle will be going directly to the 2014 SFBC derby recipient, Little River Enhancement Society. The draw will take place Sept. 27[SUP]th[/SUP] at the wrap up awards party in Nanaimo. This prize of an assortment of lead has been donated by a SFBC member CCB of TKCustom Tackle.

Attendance to the Wrap-Up Party is not necessary to win this package. Pickup location on the Island or Vancouver will be made available.

2-18lb Glow Cannonballs
2-15lb Glow Cannonballs
4-1lb Glow Balls
4-1.5lb Glow Balls
4-2lb Glow Balls
4-1.5lb Glow Dink Weights
4-12oz Coated Trap Line Weights
4-5lb Coated Trap Line Weights

Tickets for this raffle can be purchased online as well as at the wrap up party Sept.27

Tickets can be purchased in person before or during the event Sept. 27th or thru Pay Pal/Etransfer by sending payment to sfbcderby2014@gmail.com

Tickets are $2 each, 3 for $5, 7 for $10, and 15 for $20. There is no limit on ticket sales.

Once payment is received by online payment you will receive a reply via email with your lucky ticket numbers

Thanks for all your support making this derby a success,

Back