Dogfish avoidance advice

M

MikeH

Hello group, I have been fishing off Point Roberts fairly regularly since the season opened. Using bait, I am catching lots and lots of Dogfish. I was told:
- you are too close to the bottom, so I stayed well off...
- you are going too slow, so I sped up...
Still catching lots, any further suggestions on how to avoid them...

Avoid muddy bottoms!? I hear thats where they hang out. I could tell you how I have only caught 1 in 1000 hours of fishing, only I dont know how I have managed it. I have tried targeting them on a slow day - without success too.

Avoid muddy bottoms!? I hear thats where they hang out. I could tell you how I have only caught 1 in 1000 hours of fishing, only I dont know how I have managed it. I have tried targeting them on a slow day - without success too.

Hey Vince how's it going? Long time no see!!!! Just got back from Gold River fishing the chuck with Wild Willie and Hoop. Best trip ever, the Hydra-sport put on a bit of a clinic. Anyways half way through summer and the fall is just around the corner and back to the honey holes. How's the summs? How is grappler doing?

Hey Vince how's it going? Long time no see!!!! Just got back from Gold River fishing the chuck with Wild Willie and Hoop. Best trip ever, the Hydra-sport put on a bit of a clinic. Anyways half way through summer and the fall is just around the corner and back to the honey holes. How's the summs? How is grappler doing?

Oh finny was a poundin the wild west coast..Wooo Hoo...Devvy's very preoccupied with Neetzzy, got him by the balls and aint letten go!!!

Oh finny was a poundin the wild west coast..Wooo Hoo...Devvy's very preoccupied with Neetzzy, got him by the balls and aint letten go!!!

Back