Do You Get A Christmas Bonus?

Do You Get A Christmas Bonus?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No.
I work for an international IT company with 285K employees.
13 years ago when I started, Christmas was a 3 course buffet with 4 drinks at Laurel Point in Victoria for me and my partner. That lasted about 3 years.
Now we have a Christmas Party in our office, with no space for all staff, the company contributes a couple hundred dollars for snacks and expects employees to engage?

Well we officially decided to do a fishing day for our Christmas party. Paid day of fishing, prawning and crabbing then spending the night at one of my guys' cabin on Keats with a fire and some bounty from the sea (we hope). Best part of all is they're taking a gift card home for the wives so we get a boys trip. I hope this becomes the new tradition :).

I could use an old timer to teach these guys what a work day is supposed to look like lol.

I got to learn a bit about work at a young age from one of those hard working "old timers", My Dad. He use to say to, "always try and do a bit more than the next guy and this would keep you out of trouble". I worked 33 years for the same company in the oil industry and following his advice was pretty easy on most crews that I worked on.

We didn't have a Christmas bonus but got raises most years at year end. We had above average wages, great opportunities for career growth if you were so inclined, good to great benefits which included quarterly bonuses in the later years based on production results. Vacation for me totalled 270-hrs in my last few years at the company, so all in all there was very little to complain about except that the winters could be coooold at times.

No.
I work for an international IT company with 285K employees.
13 years ago when I started, Christmas was a 3 course buffet with 4 drinks at Laurel Point in Victoria for me and my partner. That lasted about 3 years.
Now we have a Christmas Party in our office, with no space for all staff, the company contributes a couple hundred dollars for snacks and expects employees to engage?

Sounds like straight out of The Office. get on the party planning committee!

I retired as a federal peace officer. Christmas Bonus? What the hell was that ? Last Christmas party was 15 years ago before the politically correct police said you can't celebrate a religious holiday. Would have missed it anyway as I was in hospital after getting shot.

Well we officially decided to do a fishing day for our Christmas party. Paid day of fishing, prawning and crabbing then spending the night at one of my guys' cabin on Keats with a fire and some bounty from the sea (we hope). Best part of all is they're taking a gift card home for the wives so we get a boys trip. I hope this becomes the new tradition :).

If you need a half assed IT exec I got a guy for ya...also you're just a short shot over to smitty's should the seas come up short. Sounds like a blast for sure, enjoy!