Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

However, one of the other important considerations is how powerful of a charging station do you need? Most electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles available today can only accept a maximum of 16 to 32-amps, while charging on a level 2, 240-volt charging station. However, there are charging stations available today that can deliver more power, even though very few electric vehicles can actually accept it. https://insideevs.com/news/343162/how-many-amps-does-your-home-charging-station-really-need/

Depending on the car, you can get anywhere from around 35 to 50 or more km of range plugged into a basic level 2 30 amp charger. If you plug in overnight, you battery WILL be full in the morning. Waking up every morning to a full tank of gas (battery), that only cost you about 10 dollars to fill from empty instead of 100 dollars at the gas station!

Our second car is a plug in hybrid and we get roughly 30 miles /50 k on straight electric before it switches over to gas hybrid mode. Generally speaking that 30 miles covers most of its daily driving. We have a level two charger which we simply plug the car into as soon as we get home and it goes from flat to charged in two hours.. It’s been a great second vehicle for what we need and so far a tank of gas has lasted a year with the car driven daily.
What is sometimes overlooked is that you don’t need the super duper charger unless you want to get a full charge for an all electric vehicle in about an hour. Most people will not on a day to day basis even come close to using a whole charge. In reality if you have a home charger you will just be topping up the battery whenever you’re at home so you’ll likely never need a high speed charging system or a lot of charging hours.
The free public charging stations are often hard to come by (a whole other topic), so if you go electric get a home charger. Electric vehicles aren’t for everybody and full disclosure I also have an F350 work truck. But as a second vehicle or in an urban environment I’d recommend an EV and if you still have range anxiety try a plug-in hybrid.

And then there is another view ...

Electric Vehicle Sales in Canada – Q3 2019
Zero Emission Vehicles now represent 3.5% of passenger vehicle sales in Canada
(10% in BC, 7% in Quebec) since introduction of federal incentives
https://emc-mec.ca/wp-content/uploads/EMC-Sales-Report-2019-Q3_EN.pdf

Kind of remarkable considering that the automotive industry is in a slowdown at the moment. Just wait until new models and the shortage of EV's at dealers get sorted out. In other news Tesla China factory is finished and is going into production in early 2020 and Tesla Germany factory is now a go. Watch for the new Tesla pickup to be unveiled Nov 21, 2019 and preorders go online. Should give us an insight on how that market will play out.

VW is not sitting around waiting to see which way the wind is blowing either as broke ground on an expansion to their US plant to produce their new EV's. They have also converted a plant in Germany to EVs only with the first one coming off that line last week.

Interesting times ahead.

It seems like the MSM are posting the same thing as me... they must be following me;)

B.C. continues to be the national leader by a long shot when it come to the adoption of zero emission vehicles including electric, plug-in hybrids and fuel cell cars.

New numbers released by Electric Mobility Canada show that a full 10 per cent of all new passenger vehicles sold in the province fall into the the ZEV category, well above the national average of 3.5 per cent. Quebec is the next closest province at seven per cent.

Al Cormier, founding president of Electric Mobility Canada, said B.C.'s unique combination of incentive programs, policies and legislation around ZEVs has been effective.
"All that has provided incentives and encouragements to buyers of vehicles in B.C., to researchers, to companies. So generally there are great conditions to promote electric vehicle sales and it's working," said Cormier.

More on this link.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bc-tops-canada-in-zero-emission-car-sales-1.5359331

The EV is a disruptive technology, we are seeing the start of the switch right now. This is the music industry's streaming downloading/ music is just a fad and must be stopped moment, or Block Busters failure to understand Netflix, or Blacberry's failure to adapt to smartphone technology. The internal combustion engine's time is almost over.

If this is an accurate rendering of the electric mustang, I want nothing to do with it haha. This rendering looks close to the spy pictures. If Fords going to make a car like this, don’t brand it as a mustang. Gross.

Attachments

• F0229E29-1D4C-47F8-8111-38C516432D7A.jpeg
    F0229E29-1D4C-47F8-8111-38C516432D7A.jpeg
    222.1 KB · Views: 51
If this is an accurate rendering of the electric mustang, I want nothing to do with it haha. This rendering looks close to the spy pictures. If Fords going to make a car like this, don’t brand it as a mustang. Gross.

Good God somehow I missed that part. The article I skimmed said it was one off GT with a 7 speed e deployment, a first in the e platforms. Not a stupid 4 door suv, what's ford thinking, that market is rather saturated and wtf learn from dodges 4 door charger mistakes and call it anything else. Of course now I cant find the article so there's that lol

If Fords going to make a car like this, don’t brand it as a mustang. Gross.

The Mustang Mach E is very real, you can put down a deposit for one NOW. Why they used the Mustang name, who knows.

But don't forget the Mustang has had a A LOT of turds under its badge over the years.

the-greatest-and-the-most-dreadful-ford-mustang-models-of-all-time-thumbnail_22.jpg

1974-Ford-Mustang-II-16-17-205089.jpg
88HP!

1979-Ford-Mustang-notchback-205093.jpg

If Fords going to make a car like this, don’t brand it as a mustang. Gross.

The Mustang Mach E is very real, you can put down a deposit for one NOW. Why they used the Mustang name, who knows.

But don't forget the Mustang has had a A LOT of turds under its badge over the years.

the-greatest-and-the-most-dreadful-ford-mustang-models-of-all-time-thumbnail_22.jpg

1974-Ford-Mustang-II-16-17-205089.jpg
88HP!

1979-Ford-Mustang-notchback-205093.jpg
We’ll at least they haven’t ruined the bronco. It’s looking great

Attachments

• 48763CEF-C151-452C-8AD8-53E73C3D4BD2.png
    48763CEF-C151-452C-8AD8-53E73C3D4BD2.png
    931.8 KB · Views: 35
Good God somehow I missed that part. The article I skimmed said it was one off GT with a 7 speed e deployment, a first in the e platforms. Not a stupid 4 door suv, what's ford thinking, that market is rather saturated and wtf learn from dodges 4 door charger mistakes and call it anything else. Of course now I cant find the article so there's that lol

Your thinking of the "one of" at the SEMA show, Mustang Lithium from Webasto

The Mustang Mach E is built on a new platform that will have different body styles produced from it.
They call it skateboard technology where the underpinnings like frame, battery, motor and suspension all share the same structure but you just swap on a different body. The Mach E is the first then a Lincoln branded one is next.

Added : Link to leaked info from Ford website
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/electric-ford-mustang-mach-e-details-website-leak

Last edited:
My perfect world is you on a battery power, you pull into a station, a machine takes the a battery out of your car and replaces it with a fully charged one. You pay a fee and move on.

Could happen in few seconds and if these services replace gas stations they would be everywhere.

Similar to the replacement program for propane bottles. You would not even have to worry about the replacement of your battery in 10 years.

Right the one for SEMA...if that comes to fruition it would be awesome. There is some much momentum in this space right now, have a read about what Porsche is up to with their Mission E technology. They plan to give elon a run for his money...to me, Tesla is somewhat vulnerable as all leaders in the tech space always are. The next few years will be very interesting for sure.

Right the one for SEMA...if that comes to fruition it would be awesome. There is some much momentum in this space right now, have a read about what Porsche is up to with their Mission E technology. They plan to give elon a run for his money...to me, Tesla is somewhat vulnerable as all leaders in the tech space always are. The next few years will be very interesting for sure.
Porsche Tycan you say... Yea, scratch that HELL YEA.

If you want to get nutty on car names; Take a look a closer look at the Taycan, pure electric still has the 'Turbo" moniker. Like WTF.

If you want to get nutty on car names; Take a look a closer look at the Taycan, pure electric still has the 'Turbo" moniker. Like WTF.
Well I did have a Turbo button on my first IBM XT clone LOL.

Back on track. Looks like the GM Hummer is back and it's going to be electric.

GM to Build Electric Hummer, Sierra & Escalade

Hmm.... I guess we should avoid combustion engine too then...or maybe we should just take the oil company’s to court.

7 million premature deaths annually linked to air pollution

https://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2014/air-pollution/en/

Lol did you even read what you posted, it’s on the use coal and wood stoves in indoor cooking. Coal by the way is your provinces biggest export and they are one of the biggest exporters of it in the world.

Cleaning up the air we breathe prevents noncommunicable diseases as well as reduces disease risks among women and vulnerable groups, including children and the elderly,” says Dr Flavia Bustreo, WHO Assistant Director-General Family, Women and Children’s Health. “Poor women and children pay a heavy price from indoor air pollution since they spend more time at home breathing in smoke and soot from leaky coal and wood cook stoves.”

Risks factors are greater than expected
“The risks from air pollution are now far greater than previously thought or understood, particularly for heart disease and strokes,” says Dr Maria Neira, Director of WHO’s Department for Public Health, Environmental and Social Determinants of Health. “Few risks have a greater impact on global health today than air pollution; the evidence signals the need for concerted action to clean up the air we all breathe.”

After analysing the risk factors and taking into account revisions in methodology, WHO estimates indoor air pollution was linked to 4.3 million deaths in 2012 in households cooking over coal, wood and biomass stoves. The new estimate is explained by better information about pollution exposures among the estimated 2.9 billion people living in homes using wood, coal or dung as their primary cooking fuel, as well as evidence about air pollution's role in the development of cardiovascular and respiratory diseases, and cancers.

Back