Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

It's got nothing to do with my mind, I posted reports from news outlets that's all. Just want people to know where the product they are so keen on could very well be coming from and at what cost.

You never answered my question, are you ok with children being killed in order for you to obtain your goals. If not you have to question every battery in every car you could possibly be driving, are you ready to take the chance that a child more than likely suffered in order for you to feel good about yourself, is it worth it.

So you are saying that by buying electric vehicles, children will die but if you buy conventional vehicles they won't?

Maybe as a comparison you should post some articles about the history of loss of life from the oil extraction industry (spills, contaminated water, cancer, etc) and the future loss of life by continuing to burn fossil fuels.

Absolutely everything we do pollutes. The goal is to reduce that pollution and the impacts as much as we can.

If you are saying that electric vehicles are bad, you need to show a comparison of the impacts, not just showing the dead cat.

No see your both dodging the question and misdirecting,, that's what the left does misdirect when they are up against the wall.

Answer the question please. Are you alright with knowing that chirldren are more than likely dying so you can drive an EV and feel good about yourself.

So you are saying that by buying electric vehicles, children will die but if you buy conventional vehicles they won't?

Maybe as a comparison you should post some articles about the history of loss of life from the oil extraction industry (spills, contaminated water, cancer, etc) and the future loss of life by continuing to burn fossil fuels.

Absolutely everything we do pollutes. The goal is to reduce that pollution and the impacts as much as we can.

If you are saying that electric vehicles are bad, you need to show a comparison of the impacts, not just showing the dead cat.

You have actually answered the question, you feel because people have died in the past in one industry it's ok if it happens in another, two wrongs will make it right. According to you its part of the evalution and an acceptable part of the greater good.

Thx for the answer.

You have actually answered the question, you feel because people have died in the past in one industry it's ok if it happens in another, two wrongs will make it right. According to you its part of the evalution and an acceptable part of the greater good.

Thx for the answer.

Are you saying there will not be any more deaths or impacts resulting from the extraction and burning of fossil fuel?

No see your both dodging the question and misdirecting,, that's what the left does misdirect when they are up against the wall.

Answer the question please. Are you alright with knowing that chirldren are more than likely dying so you can drive an EV and feel good about yourself.

I'm a card carrying conservative, hunter, Fisher, abhor the left leaning enviro loonies and I drive an EV.

No I'm not okay with it, so it is a good thing it isn't happening. As was stated black market cobalt is not the cobalt that is ending up in ev batteries. This is a developing economy in the DRC, so there will suffering, as there always is in Africa. There are efforts underway globally to secure cobalt supply from a less volatile region...but is the exploitation of children in Africa going to end of that happens?

I understand why you feel threatened by the future though. Railing against it isn't going to get you anywhere though.

I'm not on the question block here everyone knows where I stand on fossil fuels. Thousands of studies have been done fossil fuels have saved millions of lives and made life better for us you all know it.

There's no band wagon for me to jump on I've stated it many times on here I'm all for EV's they have their place the more industry out there the better. Personely I won't own one until they come a long ways and I know the resources it's built from come from a sound safe supply, that can't be assured right now, read through the articles. Tesla buys a good portion of their supplies on the open market although they try they can not be assured where it comes from. As far as the oil industry goes, I don't care a few short years I'm done, my work days are over. My children are all in diversified fields they can go into many different industries so that argument is mute with me.

My whole point was I want people to be aware of what they are supporting and where it may be coming from.

Points made, now back to the topic at hand rather than turning it into fossil fuel vs electric debate. This is about a potential truck option not a debate that will end up gridlocked in the climate change, good vs evil debate, that is inevitable.

I know for a fact I won't be able to afford this truck, hopefully they do well and eventually come out with more affordable models a la Tesla.

Everything runs on a battery and we (the so called 1st world ) impacted the 3rd world in every facet of our lives

Volkswagen? Isn't that the company that lied about emissions and, as a result there was an extra 5000 premature deaths WW. Huh
Sounds like a great company to support, not...

Here is a video that explains the components that go into an EV that are basic to most of them. It could be a truck or a car the difference would just be the size. This guy has many technical tear down videos on all types of systems including hybrid and gas power.

I still get range anxiety so we purchased a plug in hybrid as opposed to fully electric for my wife. Have to say it has worked well so far and is a good way of easing in to the electric vehicle market. So far since June we have burned less than half a tank of gas and are getting about 942 miles per gallon. It’s comforting to know if your battery gets too low, the gas engine will take over. This is particularly useful on the South Island where the use of EV’s has outstripped the number of charging stations.

I want to know what happens when I've sank it up to the floor boards a few times during low tide at shallow boat launch.. Scratch that .. pretty sure I know what happens... I'll keep an old beater for that.... Would be a nice commuter .....

The pricing for this truck seems pretty reasonable when comparing it to cars like Tesla. Especially when I’m spending $800 a month on diesel in my ram. Although my truck will still be needed for towing boat and camper to the island. It’d be nice to have but I think for me, the best option is to have a 1 Ton diesel and a small commuter car that can be either gas, hybrid, or electric

Can’t check all boxes with one vehicle. Need 2 minimum and a motorcycle to live a happy life hahaha

Cool looking truck. Not sure I like the storage in the front of the box as it seems it would take space away. Also it would really suck to get a flat tire with a cord of wood or load of gravel in the box! Appears to be about "mid size"?

This is the one I want...

https://www.atlismotorvehicles.com/

updated%20side.webp

Last edited:
Back