Dinghy Dock or Silva Bay

Been to the Dinghy Dock twice in the last month; service was poor both times and food was - well lets leave it at that!

Probably some of the best seafood chowda and white wine mussels I've had is @ Silva Bay. I think management or ownership changed a season ago. Have yet to be disappointed since then, except when it was closed in the off season.

There's a new cook at Silva Bay and the menu is awesome, OMG last years food there was the worst ever, but its unreal now, highly recommend it.

Was there last weekend @ Silva Bay....Food was good and like the other Guys say the "Beer Was Cold".

Was over at Silva Bay Pub last weekend. Food was great and yes its new ownership. Was at the Dingy Dock a few years back and it was good, but not recently.

Have eaten at Silva Bay quite a few times this year since it opened back up and have had great food. I've had the oyster po' boy a couple times, the farmhouse burger twice, the pacific seafood steamer once, the caesar salad three times, calamari twice, and beer and caesar drinks each time. Great food every time. The home made dressing for the Caesar salad is very authentic tasting like how I make it at home with lot's of garlic and a touch of anchovy. I get an extra side of the dressing every time! :)
Like the other guys said there is new management and a new chef this year. Huge improvement!. Service was good too each time. No complaints. And awesome view over Silva Bay from the patio!

The dinghy dock is very seasonal, seems it's feast or famine. Sunny days in the summer they get swamped and the service is slow. The cook is very handy with the microwave and the food is pub fare at best. However, the beer is cold and rolling up in your boat and sitting at a table next to it is a novelty that doesn't get old. And if you have the misfortune of running out of beer on the boat, you can purchase offsales at loansharking prices ;)

Back