Did my Gen2 HDS8 Pack It In?

ZENYO

Hello,

2 trips ago, mid day my Gen2 HDS8 suddenly stopped reading depth and started showing lines on the screen. Went through some trouble shooting steps and got out yesterday with my fingers crossed... Same thing. There's obvious communication between the two as it is still reading the water temps.

Did the head unit pack it in or is it an issue with the transducer?

Attachments

• hds8.jpg
    hds8.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 39
First thought.....can you try your hds8 on another boat with a compatible transducer or borrow a compatible transducer and test it on your boat with your hds8. Could be the transducer packed it in as you suspect. Where are you located, perhaps our fellow members can assist in a transducer loaner.

For sure, I had the same thought, but I couldn't track down a spare. I'm in central Coquitlam and I work in South Burnaby. If anyone has a spare transducer or wants to take my head unit out on the water with them, or maybe I can meet them where their boat is moored that would be awesome.

For sure, I had the same thought, but I couldn't track down a spare. I'm in central Coquitlam and I work in South Burnaby. If anyone has a spare transducer or wants to take my head unit out on the water with them, or maybe I can meet them where their boat is moored that would be awesome.
I’m in Port Coquitlam and have an extra stock transducer you could borrow to test it out and buy it off me if it works, or return the transducer to me if it doesn't.

Back