DFO Victoria Fishery Notice!!

sammyslabber

DFO Victoria Chinook Fishery Notice!!

10986901_10152680953337197_2338348959602344757_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So I think this means we are going from 4 down to 2 springs per day. I am speaking for myself here but as I see it, NBD as anything more that 2 on a given day is rare in those areas lately.

I don't believe the limit has ever been 4 per day, at least not in the last decade.

2 per day limit and you are allowed to have 2 days limits ONLY for transportation purposes (so 4 total for transportation purposes, but you can only retain 2 springs on any given day)

Hopefully you mean for a 2 fisherman group, or are just being a troll... and therefore not keeping double the amount of fish that you are legally allowed to keep in a day. :)

So I think this means we are going from 4 down to 2 springs per day. I am speaking for myself here but as I see it, NBD as anything more that 2 on a given day is rare in those areas lately.
Really??? Come on now..........

Looks like MHbradley and I posted at the same time.......LOL

Got the 4/day from DFO, maybe I'm not reading it right:
http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s19-eng.html

Oh wait now I see the "Daily" limits, there's a 2. Didn't notice that before :p . And when I say "those areas" I was thinking Oak Bay Flats, which is probably the least productive of the areas affected.

Keep calm, fish on! (unless it's your 3rd wild spring over 67cm... I think :confused: )

Pretty much same restriction again.... For DFO...I still would like to point out is getting annoying /frustrating as I mentioned of how late these notices keep coming out.. I would appreciate the next one not come out day before like last year..It confused everybody. I know I mentioned this as well with prawn closures....

This would be good with at least 2-3 weeks notice.... We even had tackle shops giving out wrong info last time which we can't have down here..

But you can keep a 67cm plus hatchery fish if you can find one

If you can find one, that is the million dollar question. Of course you can find them, but the concern has been how many wild fish do you have to weed through and release with the hope they survive in order to bag a 6 pound hatch for the smoker. This is not new is it?

Ann, it's the other way around for early springs...lots of hatch...try to find a wild one.

Should be that way already! Most winter fish I catch are Hatchery. They just go from 7-12 pounders to 12-20 pounders.

Let's just hope we don't get shafted back to that one over one under mid summer that's even worse. One wild over makes sense but having to toss back 20 pound hatcheries because I already had one over got old really fast.

I'd prefer it just stay no wild overs then 1 over 1 under like the notice says fraser fish need the help anyways.

We are down to between 1% and 2% on Fraser stocks of concern. We aren't the problem. Why kill the entire local fishery when it wouldn't help bring them back.

Back