dfo cracks down hard on illegal nets on fraser and non compliance sporties

"He said one of the hotspots for infractions is along the Fraser between Chilliwack and Hell's Gate. There, officers seized 25 sockeye mesh gillnet last weekend alone. The nets are used specifically to entangle sockeye, and Redekopp said in all 25 instances, the fishers were from area First Nations."

What a big surprise..... :confused:;)

"He said one of the hotspots for infractions is along the Fraser between Chilliwack and Hell's Gate. There, officers seized 25 sockeye mesh gillnet last weekend alone. The nets are used specifically to entangle sockeye, and Redekopp said in all 25 instances, the fishers were from area First Nations."

What a big surprise..... :confused:;)
Its fake news, they would never do such a thing

Its fake news, they would never do such a thing
Fake or not fake, the fact that they're publicly admitting and naming out FNs is new. I guess it's got so ugly that they had to do some 'CYA' job. At least now everyone knows how the Alaskan sockeye lands in Chilliwack.;)

Last edited:
Fake or not fake, the fact that they're publicly admitting and naming out FNs is new. I guess it's got so ugly that they had to do some 'CYA' job. At least now everyone knows how the Alaskan sockeye lands in Chilliwack.;)
You know i am kind of glad i am getting to be older (56) i cant see anything positive when it comes to the fishing and hunting opportunities that we have available to us. No govt agency has the balls to stand up and fight for the average joe, dick all for money being put back into the resources, you cant say anything about the fn's or you are a racist, cant call a spade a spade, the next generation will have very little opportunity, i truly think we are the last generation to have seen the good times. Made the decision not to have kids early in life as i could see the writing on the wall, sad really, and i cant see it getting any better. With the miss management and the changing of the climate it is one tough up hill battle, jmho.

Back