DFO ....Bull S**T

DFO's a complete joke, open to the highest bidder to pad the pockets of the higher ups.

Unfortunately, whatever party gets in charge so they can get their double pensions in the cabinet are but window-dressing for the people behind the scenes that do not change - the bureaucrats & minor royalty that really run the show. Whatever party can make whatever election promises they want to - the minor royalty runs the show. And they don't want anyone to know whom the real decision-makers are behind-the-scenes, neither.

Unfortunately, whatever party gets in charge so they can get their double pensions in the cabinet are but window-dressing for the people behind the scenes that do not change - the bureaucrats & minor royalty that really run the show. Whatever party can make whatever election promises they want to - the minor royalty runs the show. And they don't want anyone to know whom the real decision-makers are behind-the-scenes, neither.

People in Toronto like farmed salmon, last time I checked fresh Atlantic tasted better the. Canned pink salmon.

The public have widely spoken demanding closed containment for a wide variety of reasons beyond concerns regarding disease, and this government campaigned on a promise to move there. Another nail in the Liberal coffin. Politically motivated & tone deaf.
Not just the Liberals but the Conservatives too......they are both guilty of creating this mess that we live with today.

Win Ontario and Quebec and you wouldn’t care about western Canada. We’re totally screwed by the federal govs, no matter what party is in power. DFO is just another branch of the government and their job is to make sure that they’re aligned with the PMO’s wants and political will. Scientific facts, conservation and requirements of the average middle class people are never part of their mandate.

I live in WA. If we had to depend on the Fed's for what happened with those dams we'd be SOL.
You can blame whatever party you don't like, but IMO it's more the way the systems is set-up without any local authority to initiate action. But the Fed's have total control over the federal dams such as the Snake river dams, so that's a different story.

I live in WA. If we had to depend on the Fed's for what happened with those dams we'd be SOL.
You can blame whatever party you don't like, but IMO it's more the way the systems is set-up without any local authority to initiate action. But the Fed's have total control over the federal dams such as the Snake river dams, so that's a different story.
Sounds strangely familiar to what happens here in Canada. We are all doomed.

We are all doomed.
Sadly, I agree. As far as Salmon/SRKW are concerned, we are managing their extinction. In WA the scientists say that lack of habitat is the primary population bottleneck for Salmon (wild fish). Habitat will take MONEY & lot's of it to fix; with COVID money to do this is a long way off. As sport fishers, we may have some great ideas about fixing the problem, but the general population views anything we say as self-interested (because it usually is IMO; this forum is proof).

Back