Depthfinder Problem

J

jandj2

Bought new Humminbird 525 fishfinder.My problem is I have no depth readings when encountering shallow bait schools.When trolling downrigger weights near the bottom one needs constant depth readings. When no shallow bait is present my set maintains correct bottom readings. My previous depthfinders, Hummibird and Lowrance didn't have this problem. Phoned 1-800 number told to put on default setting. That didn't eliminate the problem when encountering shallow bait. Do all new depthfinders have this problem? Is there any solutions to lost depth readings? Thank you.

There should be an adjustment for sensitivity...
dial it down until the bait no longer blocks the signal.
My Humminbird did the same thing until i made the adjustment.

Any winter Springs around John ?

Thanks for the advice Scott.I will try the sensitivity adjustment.Could not find any winter springs Tuesday off the waterfront, but I did have luck in getting seals to follow me around.

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

There should be an adjustment for sensitivity...
dial it down until the bait no longer blocks the signal.
My Humminbird did the same thing until i made the adjustment.

Any winter Springs around John ?

This sounds like it could be the problem but this is also the time of year the herring really school up and if the herring are really thick there is the chance that it will look like the bottom to your sounder no matter how much you turn it down. I think R.S. is right though.... just turn down your sensitivity.

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!
fish.gif