Deckhand to young?

Charter Tofino

I am very interested in being a deckhand this summer. The only problem is my parents think i am to young to be hired. I turned 15 a couple months ago. I know of another person that was 15 and became deckhand. I could meet all the criteria needed to be a deckhand but i wont get a shot if im to young . Thanks if you can give me some info i am sure some of you work or have worked at a resort.

Yeah me 2, im 14 turning 15 this summer and my friend, and another guy at Renfrew have asked me 2 help them..my friend is 14 and has been doing salmon and halibut charters out of renfrew by himself since last summer, so when he was 13...crazy in my mind..but he supposably know the waters and does a really good job..im going out with him this summer for the first time

To fish or not to fish,
What a stupid question!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat drinking beer for a life time :D
TGIF =Thank God It Floats

start sending resumes NOW!!...ur a couple months late, but still worth a shot...im 18, and have been workin at the lodges for 3 seasons now, as a deck hand, dock boy, guide fresh and salt..it takes a while to get the job and the esperience, but its a blast when u do.
good luck
cody

hey!...wheres my float?
uh oh...

I started when I was 13 at lodges, started commercial fishing at 16.

I sent my resume in around october, and will be working part time this summer. i am 17, and my school schedule is what is holding me back cause they like you to start in may, which is quite understandable

Back