December Fishing Lodge Recommendations

SaltyAlice

Howdy all,

A friend of mine has a client coming to Vancouver in December and they were keen to go to a fishing lodge and have the whole "BC fishing experience". I am not sure what to advise for that time of year. I suggested checking out some river fishing but they are looking for some ocean fishing.

Any suggestions on high end lodges that would be running (and fishing) in December?

I think most of the lodges that cater to ocean fishing are closed at that time.
Painter's lodge in Campbell river maybe?

I think most of the lodges that cater to ocean fishing are closed at that time.
Painter's lodge in Campbell river maybe?

I would guess Scott has it right that the only "high end" (and I wouldn't call Painter's that) lodge would likely be them.

As people want to come to high end lodges to fish for salmon and halibut (plus lings and things), I wouldn't imagine much of a market with the salmon runs done, halibut possibly closed....of people flocking to pay $5000 for a 4 day trip to chase 8-12lb feeder springs in the rain. ;);)

Just realized I incorrectly posted this in the Fishing Reports section. Not sure how to move it up in the hierarchy to the more general discussion area.

Got into a butt load of feeders last December 30 in Campbell last year. private guides still working; i believe OBMG pulls all their fleet in the winter. pretty cold in them open whalers.

Got into a butt load of feeders last December 30 in Campbell last year. private guides still working; i believe OBMG pulls all their fleet in the winter. pretty cold in them open whalers.
OBMG no longer owns Painters and April Point. They are owned by DHI Holdings now.

The real “B.C. Fishing Experience” doesn’t happen in December.
My favourite place to fish in December is just north of Puerto Vallarta around Punta Mita, not in B.C.
Much better use of time and money.
My 2cents
Stosh

The real “B.C. Fishing Experience” doesn’t happen in December.
My favourite place to fish in December is just north of Puerto Vallarta around Punta Mita, not in B.C.
Much better use of time and money.
My 2cents
Stosh

surfing in sayalita would be a close second :)

Lots of winter fishing around Sooke and easy to get to from major airports and little threat of snow or icy roads.

Back