Daylight Savings Time

GLG

Looking forward to see the clock in my truck to be correct again tomorrow.

Doh...

D1Ox3vcWoAEBYxe

X2

Read this am that BC may join the three pac-rim states (Cali, Oregon and Washington) in standardizing daylight time year round. Would be nice!

Cheers!

Ukee
Good evidence that we should just stop doing it.

Didn't Californians just pass a law to get rid of the Daylight Saving Time change? Yes, we did. Proposition 7 passed with 60 percent of the vote. But to be enacted, a lot more has to be done on the state *and* federal level. Brandon Rittiman explains.

Are we thinking about staying Standard time or Daylight saving time?
Standard time means daylight in June is at 3:3o am Daylight time is 4:30 am
For those who like the early bite, which would be best??

Definitely go with daylight saving time.
Much better for people who work shift work, especially if it's graveyard shift.
Not much good having the sun up at 4 in the morning

We're in Costa Rica and flying home Wednesday and will arrive in Courtenay at 5:00pm. Here's the the canunderum, we booked the flight in February before the time change. We're flying out at 7:00am Costa Rica time and arriving as I stated at 5:00pm the same day. Where did that hour go?

We're in Costa Rica and flying home Wednesday and will arrive in Courtenay at 5:00pm. Here's the the canunderum, we booked the flight in February before the time change. We're flying out at 7:00am Costa Rica time and arriving as I stated at 5:00pm the same day. Where did that hour go?
Trust me!! Pilots and airlines are always dealing with different time zones, Greenwich time and even daylight saving time. Add up your flight times and ground times and there will be your hour!!

I think I would like to keep it on standard time. First because if we keep it in dst, in the winter it will get light a nine in the morning it will be tough for our kids to walk to school.

Why don’t we just meet in the middle and just do a half hour change next time and stick with it?

Why don’t we just meet in the middle and just do a half hour change next time and stick with it?

Easier said then done. Too much math and astrophysics and how the Gregorian calendar works, prevents splitting time. Joe Rogan has a 2018 Youtube video with Neil Degrasse Tyson where this is discussed. The calendar / time discussion starts around 54 minutes in the video.

Definitely go with daylight saving time.
Much better for people who work shift work, especially if it's graveyard shift.
Not much good having the sun up at 4 in the morning
that's a matter of perspective...and judging by traffic there are more drivers on the road at 5 am then 9 pm

Didn't Californians just pass a law to get rid of the Daylight Saving Time change? Yes, we did. Proposition 7 passed with 60 percent of the vote. But to be enacted, a lot more has to be done on the state *and* federal level. Brandon Rittiman explains.

California passed a law to make the Daylight Saving Change permanent, not to get rid of it. If they had instead just accepted year round standard time with no time changes that's already approved on the federal level.

Talk about doing things the hard way. "If you're going to be stupid, you'd better be tough" seems applicable to CA for this situation IMHO :)

filled in mine.
How did you answer this question?

Do you identify as an Indigenous person, that is, First Nations (status or non-status), Métis or Inuit?
Choose one of the following answers
  • Yes
  • No
I was soooooooo close to ticking yes. If it was a federal questionnaire for sure , no more closures for me!

Back