Daiwa Tanacom 750

2xeagle16

I would like to hear from anyone owning a a Tanacom 750 electric reel - just general feedback on reliability and cost of maintenance. Daiwa recommends replacing the power cord every 2 years - has anyone replaced or had problems with the cord - cost?

I own the Tanacom 1000 & love it! allows you to fish deep & explore. Its not a winch, & you still have to fight the fish. You can fish deep & have a bait up in 600' of water in a couple min at most. Last year folks were talking an afternoon to catch there halibut in the usual spot ~300' of water. I would go out to the 400-650' of water & be hooked up in minutes. I don't know if that will be a common thing or just the way the season played out? Smallest halibut I caught at these depths was ~40#. I am not making a fish story either, honestly maybe 5 min between fish. I was using the Lighthouse 98" LED squid with it & at those depths that might be the ticket so they can see it from far away.. honestly they are a blast to use & allow you to cover water & not have to reel up to check bait or move spots.

Only had it one season so far & no problems with it. I have 2200' of line on mine & will be doing some deep drop fishing with it.

I bought mine direct from Japan through Ebay. I had him spool it up with 2200' of 65# braid & total cost was ~$750 Can with shipping.

Not sure why you would replace the power cord? Nothing on it to evey break? Maybe if you use it all year & put a lot more use through it?

Last edited:
I used a 750 last hali season fishing as deep as 650’ off the WA coast and it worked great. The power cord is fine but is a wear item as you would expect as it gets yanked, stepped on and such. My original cord is still working but my advice would be get a spare cord and when the original stops working put the spare in service and order another for $40. Isn’t a bit over 2#’s (1kg) the legal limit for weight? @I Love Haida Gwaii ?

Last edited:
I meant 2.2 lbs... I was counting the weight of my bait...

Thanks for the replies. I have used the 750 once myself and it worked great - especially when there was an endless supply of dogs at close to 300. I was worried about the cost of maintenance and parts, but it doesn't seem too bad.

Just make sure to shop around. eBay can be the best deals

Back